Custom patch panel

JasonM

I was wondering what companies folks have had good experiences with in ordering custom patch panels for their Axe rigs? I understand that with the very unfortunate passing of Vafam's owner that they are no longer operating. I've sent a couple emails to best-tronics over the span of the last few days and never received any responses so I'm not sure what their status is. Are there any others out there that folks have used and had good luck with?

Interesting to hear VAFAM is no longer operating.

Hans was a great guy and his family had indicated they would continue to run the business... I love my panel.

Interesting to hear VAFAM is no longer operating.

Hans was a great guy and his family had indicated they would continue to run the business... I love my panel.

To be honest I'm not sure what their status is. I had sent them an email two or three weeks ago and never received a response. My assumption then was that they were no longer operating.

I did finally get a response from best-tronics. Brad from best-tronics has been very helpful and I'm pulling the trigger on one of their panels. It's still helpful to know what options are out there. It doesn't seem like there are a ton of them.

To be honest I'm not sure what their status is. I had sent them an email two or three weeks ago and never received a response. My assumption then was that they were no longer operating.

The website looks like it's still active... But sounds like not typical response compared to the past.

Anybody have a ballpark on the price of one of these? I think i remember VAFAM being nearly 200...

Depends on what you get... number of ports, what types, etc...

I think mine was about $165 from VAFAM... plus maybe $20 in shipping. I have 9 ports:

Power
MIDI
USB
2 x XLR
2 x Speakon Combo
2 x TRS

You can do your own if you have basic electronic skills. Redco and other sites have all the connectors you'll need. If you're not very good with soldering, you can buy feed-thru connectors and use cables. I know Neutrik makes feedthru XLR connectors so you just plug in your XLR cable on the inside and it's mounted on a panel, no soldering required. Redco has 1/4" TRS/TS feed throughs along with 5 PIN MIDI. I wired mine all up myself for probably 100$ total. Definitely a fun little project and can be a good learning experience.

Back
Top Bottom