Custom Harmony Issues

Thanks @Bakerman
A. Makes sense. If I tune the guitar down 1/2 step normally but decide to tune back to E then this could be used to quickly make sure the harmonies sound right. Is this correct?
B. I’m working on Hotel California. In the verse harmonies the scale/key changes so I would have to adjust the key parameter, correct?

A. Yes, key parameter allows quick adjustment when sounding key changes.

B. That's one possible approach. With a custom scale you'd only need a key change for the F# having A vs. A# above at different times. With normal intel. harm. mode the bend/release will sound better, but a few additional key changes would be needed. Using channels to also alter the scale type, the least switching would probably be this:

B harm. minor, B Dorian, B Aeolian, B harm. minor

I've never had a key problem. My only issue is the limited number of global slots. 32 just isn't enough for me. The Ultra had the same number.
Man, how I wish that custom scales could just be freely edited and stored in the 'Pitch' block/preset itself.

A similar 'Shift Interval' list that updates with the first note at the top of the list according to the 'Key' and initial 'Scale' selected. Start with one of the available scales that is closest to what you need, then edit the few shift intervals as needed.

This would also open up the possibility of saving, and naming the blocks/scales in the 'Block Library' for recall as needed.

A. Yes, key parameter allows quick adjustment when sounding key changes.

B. That's one possible approach. With a custom scale you'd only need a key change for the F# having A vs. A# above at different times. With normal intel. harm. mode the bend/release will sound better, but a few additional key changes would be needed. Using channels to also alter the scale type, the least switching would probably be this:

B harm. minor, B Dorian, B Aeolian, B harm. minor
So helpful! Thanks man.

Back
Top Bottom