Custom guitar?

Someone trying their hand at a new build. Kinda reminds me of Nuno's Washburn... If the guitar description says, "It really sings!" gotta give 'em credit for trying...

Definitely looks like an experiment gone awry. The poles on the neck HB seem to be uncovered but that's got to interfere with setting the p/u height. As for the strings, one is broken and it looks like the other is pulled over to allow a clear view of fretboard wear.

Hazard to say the fretboard its 22 frets, but the builder underestimated the body length. Am wondering what the length is...24.5...24...23!? Perhaps designed as a beginner's student guitar?

Hazard to say the fretboard its 22 frets, but the builder underestimated the body length. Am wondering what the length is...24.5...24...23!? Perhaps designed as a beginner's student guitar?
I'm thinking the builder wanted to make something compact, as evidenced by the fretboard placement and the lower bout area.

I'm just sayin' if it ain't AI, it certainly looks like a bad photoshop :eyes:
I think it's for real. Why else was it posted on FB Marketplace?

I'm thinking the builder wanted to make something compact, as evidenced by the fretboard placement and the lower bout area...
Yup, but being a novice builder, he miscalculated the body length and the errant fretboard over pickup was the result. Regards AI, I also think its real, not made-up as a PhotoShop experiment...Reason I suggest the guitar is real is that why would someone go to great lengths to build a custom guitar via AI or PhotoShop, only to have the results be much less than functional or desirable? The smoking gun is the broken guitar string. Why would someone have tried faking that?

Nope, the guitar was likely built by a novice builder as an experiment for future reference, or possibly the ability to say he once built a guitar for himself that didn't turn out the way he expected. This all makes sense, but it's also likely that the "works of his hands" proved to be a test of realizing that something different does not always produce something likable.

Consider, each of us is different and unique in his own way. Because others may not know us well enough, often leads to bias and pre-judging. Not until we learn about others can we obtain better understanding of who each of us is, without being biased or judgmental. I can guarantee you might not appreciate being judged by what you wear, what language you speak, your ethnic or national background, your height or lack of it, or your weight. Sorry for the soapbox. When I see a chance to teach a valuable lesson, it just comes pouring out...

All strings look loose, screws out of nut. I think maybe the neck is not screwed on, just setting there( I would hope). Tuning keys seem to be all different angles also. Looks like a real pos.

Back
Top Bottom