'Custom Compressor'?

Radley

Experienced
I have heard you can build your own NR within the AFX by using the Envelope follower signal - does this mean you could also use this signal to create your own 'custom compressor'?

~Rad~

With all this tech language, you might be omitting dozens of ppl that know the answer but don't remember what NR means. I guess it's not Noise Reduction, is it? ;)

You can create a compressor/limiter/expander/gate with any block that has an assignable level. Assign the level to a modifier, select "Envelope" as the controller, then use the parameters on the Envelope and Modifier pages to set the ballistics. The controller page gives you threshold, attack and release times, and gain (controller gain, not signal gain), and the modifier gives you all sorts of settings you don't have in a conventional compressor. The possibilities are endless.

gittarzann said:
You shoulda guessed it is Noise Reduction...because then you would have been correct. :)
LOL Well, it still was my first guess, the one they say you should never abandon :oops:

Jay Mitchell said:
You can create a compressor/limiter/expander/gate with any block that has an assignable level. Assign the level to a modifier, select "Envelope" as the controller, then use the parameters on the Envelope and Modifier pages to set the ballistics. The controller page gives you threshold, attack and release times, and gain (controller gain, not signal gain), and the modifier gives you all sorts of settings you don't have in a conventional compressor. The possibilities are endless.
Thanks Jay - I will do some experimenting soon :idea: :p :idea:

~Rad~

Back
Top Bottom