Custom Cabling-Where do you get yours from?

ghost219

Inspired
I'm still in the process of building up my pedalboard but I'm being a little picky about the cables I use. I'm trying to keep everything within proper lengths to where they'll be easily tucked underneath my pedaltrain. I'm looking into MIDI (right angle or whatever), and TRS as I'm sticking with George L's for basic patchwork. Preferably not very expensive but I'm not sure what reasonable is since I've never needed custom TRS and MIDI cables before.

Thanks Fractalites!

I make all of my own... have been doing so for over 10 years. I won't buy a cable on the market.

Yup. I buy from either RedCo.com or Markertek.com, usually Markertek, but I A/B the two when I need an order. I generally buy several hundred feet of cable and dozens of connectors in a single order, as I make cables for myself and a few other people (bandmates etc).

Yup. I buy from either RedCo.com or Markertek.com, usually Markertek, but I A/B the two when I need an order. I generally buy several hundred feet of cable and dozens of connectors in a single order, as I make cables for myself and a few other people (bandmates etc).
About how much would you charge for 4 MIDI cables and 4 TRS cables, all right angle?

About how much would you charge for 4 MIDI cables and 4 TRS cables, all right angle?
Length comes into play a bit..

For MIDI ... the connectors, call it $10 each, then $0.75 a foot. So, not economical for me... I think if you went with another maker, they could do better on pricing due to the quantities they order in. I just have trust issues haha.

For TRS... $4.35 per end + $0.75/ft of cable.

I've had Tour Supply in Nashville make some custom cable looms for different tours. They do a great job but aren't necessarily cheap...I think I paid around $200 for a 30' loom with power, 2 1/4" cables, and an ethercon

Back
Top Bottom