Custom Audio Preamp CAE 3+ on the AXEchange now !!

dongrosh

So many people asekd me for an update of my CAE -
here it is -

here you see the settings of the CAE for all three patches

I made 3 patches for CH-1-Clean, CH-2-Rock and Ch-3-Lead.
They of course based on my hero Lukather..

This patches are def. for poweramp and Cab, for using it with FR or Recording
you have to tweak it.
Also think about i´m using EV12L Cabs which are a bit darker than V30 or something else -
so maybe you have to tweak the treble/prescence.

All 3 patches have the same routing which is a bit special cause it´s an
simulation of an easy w/d/w System.

Reverb, Delay & Chorus are connected to Pedal 4 where
Reverb is controlled by MIX (start at 0, mid at 13,4, end at 16,9)
Delay is connected to Ingain, Chorus i forgot....

My patches are always dry, i use IA to engage Rev or/and delay and then blend it in with
the pedal.....

have fun, wilfried

Scott Peterson said:
I will check these out very soon. Thanks for posting.

Scott, check my Vibrolux - that´s my masterpiece...
you have to find the right cab for your FR-system...

I look forward to hearing if they sound like the 3+SE I just sold. That is an amazing preamp. Thanks.

I haven't tried them yet, but I'm surprised to see you used the Recto New for the overdrive sounds? I never thought the 3+SE or 3+ sounded anything like a Recto. Especially CH2 was always very Marshally on both my preamps, with and without mods.

tonygtr said:
I haven't tried them yet, but I'm surprised to see you used the Recto New for the overdrive sounds? I never thought the 3+SE or 3+ sounded anything like a Recto. Especially CH2 was always very Marshally on both my preamps, with and without mods.

But that was the closest sound, really, i was surprised myself, mkeditor can confirm that - i mean we HAVE (had) them and i hope we are not deaf.....

Although I've never played the CAE, I do know that Frampton used to have one in his rack. It was replaced by the Recto preamp. Scary....

D

dongrosh said:
tonygtr said:

But that was the closest sound, really, i was surprised myself, mkeditor can confirm that - i mean we HAVE (had) them and i hope we are not deaf.....

Actually, Don's patches don't sound like the 3+ to me but I am running FRFR which I assume is making the difference. Channel 2 on the preamp sounds more like my JCM800 patch.

MKeditor said:
dongrosh said:
tonygtr said:

Actually, Don's patches don't sound like the 3+ to me but I am running FRFR which I assume is making the difference. Channel 2 on the preamp sounds more like my JCM800 patch.

Well, doesn't Don also run it through none-flat-response poweramp, and therefore turns of the power amp sims? I always found Plexi 1 to sound the most like CH2. Solo100 was closest to CH3.

No, i played and "modeld" kit through an tubepoweramp and two Mesa´s 1x12 Thiele EV12L -
and the CAE was in the loop - so i was able to switch between the modeled Amp and the FXL very quick - and the result was really close - like to say "too close to call"

I agree that playing my patch through my Monitors (using a standard 4x12 Rectocab) is
very different, darker and more gain - that´s the problem while sharing patches, we all have different systems.

dongrosh said:
that´s the problem while sharing patches, we all have different systems.

Agreed. Someone has to have a similar system. That is why I think people should post their system info along with the patch. In some cases a simple FRFR will do.

Back
Top Bottom