Custom aluminium pedal board project

cataclysm

Inspired
Hey all, thought i'd share the results of a custom pedal board project I have been working on. Couldn't be happier with the results.

All one single piece of bent 3mm aluminium, and I have all wiring, a PS and midi switcher hidden under the expression pedal on the right, with 2 x neutrik jacks and power input connector to a custom IEC splitter cable. The AX8 also screws directly into the aluminium panel through the feet holes.

Last piece is now just waiting on my new polytuner to arrive which will sit below the exp pedal.

Best part is it's extremely light, super durable and fits perfectly in a pelican case with plenty of room on top for extra cables.

anyone interested in this design hit me up and i can share more details.

-PAXP-deijE.gif
nGAXe5.jpg

Ipn3ZY.jpg

vrIJZv.jpg

WTkYzZ.jpg
5BSI2I.jpg

cxlliV.jpg

vrUaZJ.jpg

V8KSKC.jpg

e3NF2X.jpg

Py64Mf.jpg

KdeOgR.jpg

ZOCHQV.jpg

Curious on your rig... what is the midi switcher and power supply used for? Also, why add a tuner right in front of the exp pedal

Curious on your rig... what is the midi switcher and power supply used for? Also, why add a tuner right in front of the exp pedal
For starters I think the axfx tuners are terrible. Slow and inaccurate. So I always use a separate tuner which i feel is important. In front of the exp pedal was best place for it given space available. I didn’t want to step over the exp pedal to get to it.

The ps is feeing power to midi switcher and tuner. The midi switcher is used with my amp head - I use my ax8 in 4cm when not touring.

personally, i have no problem with the AX8's Tuner. it tunes my guitar in the right tuning. i don't know how perfect, but i can tell that my guitar is not out of tune.

Love the aluminum floor board!

I built something as well, but more focused on protection from booze and drunk people.
I lose access to one button, but I don't need it.
I can see the tuner perfectly through the 'window'.
The aluminum rail is for stability. You can stand right on the top and the knobs/screen are 100% protected.
I cables hang out the right side. I built a small panel on the side at first (for XLR, 1/4" and Powercon), but it split when I was screwing it in, and I have been too lazy to make a new one. So I have a small 'tail' for each connector that hangs out the side.
I have a small road case (that you can my AX8 board sitting on top of)....but I also put it in an old carry-on suitcase sometimes (wheels).
A couple of coats of duratex speaker paint.....and here you go.

AX8 Case.jpg AX8 Case2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom