Cust.Shift Problem in Pitch 1 Block with Existing Preset (13.0,13.01, 13.02)

A to the T

Experienced
Restoring old presets even as far back as 11 doesn't fix it but it was working fine in 12.04beta
Updating all presets doesn't fix it

Only way I could fix it is to reset the pitch block and reprogram all the settings. (via Axe-Edit/Block/Reset or via double click bypass on Axe-Fx while editing the block)

Why does this happen?
Is there anyway to prevent it?
I'm now paranoid that other presets/blocks could have corruption and I may not know where. i.e. even subtleties in other blocks that I may not know about.

1. If you load this preset then play the C note (13th fret) on B string as example you will see that theres no -5th harmony. Its unison.
  2. Note that the Cust.Shift is using Global Voice Scale 2.

1. Then, go to Block/Reset in Axe Edit and reset the select pitch block
  2. change effect type back to Cust.Shift and use Global Voice Scale 2
  3. then play the C note (13th fret) on B string as example you will see that there harmony is now correctly playing.

forgot to mention my custom scale 2 is
A-7
A#0
B-5
C-5
C#0
D-5
D#0
E-5
F0
F#-5
G-5
G#0

Attachments

• Ride The Lightning 13.02.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
haven't tried the preset, but i thought i would just chime in with a tip - all those notes in between the scale tones that have shifts set to zero...change those so they match the shift value for the next highest note. this means when you add vibrato and the source note is going slightly sharp, you won't get a sudden drop in pitch if you stray up to the next half step. it makes the shifting much smoother and less glitchy. you can also play chromatic passing tones as well.

Thanks, unrelated to my problem but that was a good tip. I adjusted some but in some cases I needed to leave some at 0.

Back
Top Bottom