Current State - Axe-Edit III

80sMetalDude

Inspired
So while I wait for my AXE III (shipped yesterday) and read the forum and soak in YouTube vids I keep seeing and hearing AXE-III Edit 'not fully functional', 'options not working' or 'beta' etc...

Just how far off is it 'right now' in its current state from a non 'beta' version?

Thanks, very excited none-the-less....

If there is already a thread on this I apologize!

Might want to head on over to the Axe Edit sub forum. As of right now, a lot of things work on it, meaning you can build patches and stuff. Cab and preset management arent in working as of now. It is very functional for a beta.

I would probably not even categorize Axe-Edit III as "beta" in that beta implies "still being tested.
Of course there are some bugs, but those are fixed as they are found, and the vast majority of features and functions are working perfectly:

Grid Editing
Preset & Scene Naming
Preset "Heads-up" Amp Info
Scene Building
Block Edit
Block Copy/Paste
Scene Copy/Paste (Paste to All is missing)
Modifiers
Controllers
Save to New Location
Snapshots (undo points)
Channel selection and Copying
Global Blocks
Tuner
Tempo
Preset Templates

Axe-Manage (including Presets and Cabs) is now well underway and will be released as soon as possible.

Block Library will follow.

Other features, including Quickbuild -- a drag and drop preset designer, will follow, as will a convenient editor for many "Setup" parameters.

Then, when the FC is released, Axe-Edit will also include FC-EDIT.

Last edited:
I would probably not even categorize Axe-Edit III as "beta" in that beta implies "still being tested.
Of course there are some bugs, but those are fixed as they are found, and the vast majority of features and functions are working perfectly:

Grid Editing
Preset & Scene Naming
Scene Building
Block Edit
Block Copy/Paste
Scene Copy/Paste
Modifiers
Controllers
Save to New Location
Snapshots (undo points)
Global Blocks
Tuner
Tempo
Preset Templates

Axe-Manage (including Presets and Cabs) is now well underway and will be released as soon as possible.

Other features, including Quickbuild -- a drag and drop preset designer, will follow, as will a convenient editor for many "Setup" parameters.

As a new user of the axe 3 I am looking in the instructions as far as hooking it up to an amp or monitors what do you recommend 4 monitors for the X3 I have a marshall 2000amp I just supposed to plug it in the front? And turn all my effects to zero.. what do you recommend for monitor cuz it sounds like that's what it was made for?

As a new user of the axe 3 I am looking in the instructions as far as hooking it up to an amp or monitors what do you recommend 4 monitors for the X3 I have a marshall 2000amp I just supposed to plug it in the front? And turn all my effects to zero.. what do you recommend for monitor cuz it sounds like that's what it was made for?

Turn off the cab & power amp emulation and go into the FX Loop "return" jack of your amp. Or, you can use an FRFR like a PA speaker, in which case, you'd leave the cab & power amp modeling on. Unless you're JUST using effects, do not go into the front of your amp :)

Grid Editing
Preset & Scene Naming
Scene Building
Block Edit
Block Copy/Paste
Scene Copy/Paste
Modifiers
Controllers
Save to New Location
Snapshots (undo points)
Global Blocks
Tuner
Tempo
Preset Templates

Awesome things coming down the track! Thanks! I envy you. Your job must be way interesting.

I was concerned about the same subject. But I have not experienced any bugs or missing features that impact my workflow. And knowing that issues are always addressed in a timely manner is a main reason to purchase any Fractal product. You will never get stuck with a long-term bug like you will with so many other companies.

Grid Editing
Preset & Scene Naming
Scene Building
Block Edit
Block Copy/Paste
Scene Copy/Paste
Modifiers
Controllers
Save to New Location
Snapshots (undo points)
Global Blocks
Tuner
Tempo
Preset Templates

So does this mean no 32bit version ????

Grid Editing
Preset & Scene Naming
Scene Building
Block Edit
Block Copy/Paste
Scene Copy/Paste
Modifiers
Controllers
Save to New Location
Snapshots (undo points)
Global Blocks
Tuner
Tempo
Preset Templates

Yeah! AE3 is great already!

So, should we be reporting things like:

• Issue where it doesn't update the preset names after saving (they show as <EMPTY> in the drop down until I shut down AE and restart it); this is super annoying and has done this since day one... the scene name one is glitchy too, IIRC
  • The name of the amp model not showing correctly until the block is actually selected
  • The issue it has with graphs not updating properly (when I change controller start stop slope etc I have had it not display properly)
  • Issue with direct entry of values on controllers not being reflected on the dial, etc
as bugs? I have been assuming all this glitchiness was known to the devs or would be borne out by the beta testers and would be fixed eventually... If that is still true I will continue to wait patiently and be thankful that it is useful and stable right now.

But if the claim is that the core functionality is solid and new features are the focus, then these strike me as things that I will want to report, etc, as an end user who is seeing some funkiness.

• Issue where it doesn't update the preset names after saving (they show as <EMPTY> in the drop down until I shut down AE and restart it); this is super annoying and has done this since day one... the scene name one is glitchy too, IIRC
  • The name of the amp model not showing correctly until the block is actually selected
  • The issue it has with graphs not updating properly (when I change controller start stop slope etc I have had it not display properly)
  • Issue with direct entry of values on controllers not being reflected on the dial, etc
as bugs? I have been assuming all this glitchiness was known to the devs or would be borne out by the beta testers and would be fixed eventually... If that is still true I will continue to wait patiently and be thankful that it is useful and stable right now.

But if the claim is that the core functionality is solid and new features are the focus, then these strike me as things that I will want to report, etc, as an end user who is seeing some funkiness.

It is always good to report suspected bugs in their own individual threads. We don't post a public list of known issues, so this would be the best way to make sure something is on our radar.

One bug I've noticed with Axe Edit III is that when you upload an IR through the Fractal Bot, you have to close out of Axe Edit III and reopen it in order for it to re-read the user cabs and show it loaded. (Unless I am missing a reload button).

One bug I've noticed with Axe Edit III is that when you upload an IR through the Fractal Bot, you have to close out of Axe Edit III and reopen it in order for it to re-read the user cabs and show it loaded. (Unless I am missing a reload button).
there is a Refresh Cab names button in Settings>Preferences

You would want monitors. I'm happy with Yamaha HS8 w subwoofer.. wouldn't go any lower in size. Then you'll be in stereo

I noticed, when I switch presets to other presets that have multiple scenes.. you don't always start off in scene 1. Not a bug, but something that I noticed

Back
Top Bottom