Curious: Why does the LF seem to be more popular than the LG

holdenhinkle

Inspired
Why does the LF seem to be more popular than the LG?

Looking through the forum, most of the posts have to do with LFs.

My guess is it's because LF is US based like most Axe-FX users and Gordius is European. LF also had a nice forum buzz going here for a while.

I must admit that from what I've seen Gordius appears to have a great product and support, but personally I also prefer the more common LF form factor and button layout.

Yeah, the LG is looking pretty nice, especially now that you can run the LG editor and the AX editor at the same time.

But I'm with you - I prefer the more traditional layout like the LF. I think a lot of people feel like we do. I wonder if Javier will release another version?

holdenhinkle said:
Yeah, the LG is looking pretty nice, especially now that you can run the LG editor and the AX editor at the same time.

But I'm with you - I prefer the more traditional layout like the LF. I think a lot of people feel like we do. I wonder if Javier will release another version?
Yes, one day I will release another version with standard matrix layout (although I don't like copying what already exists...) There are too many people asking for this. But this will not be near future - all new development at Gordius is going at a very slow pace! And I'm not promising until I'm sure it will be there.

I think you have created an awesome product with a very identifiable look that includes incredible features and support.

Although you have all that... I would still purchase a nice flat layout first.

LF was the first pedal built with Axe-Fx-specific communication in mind.
And it arguably looks prettier.

I like the specs on both. I'm waiting until both the MFC-101 and LG2 come out to make any decision of my own past my FCB1010 and 1980's-era Digitech controllers.

I love my LG. I use... 1% of what LG can do! I'm happy with the format. I think because I like no conventional-clever solutions, like Axefx. :roll:

LG had to be programmed. Is an empty machine. It's a bit "disappointing" at the beginning, because you have a blank hardware that cannot even change a patch! While you begin to program it, you have to face two problems:
1) How I want to controll my setup?
2) What is the best way to implement #1?

I have made different setting, saved them, restart form scratch. It's been rewarding... I've learn a lot. There are many ways to controll a parameters, within Axefx, within LG (or any controller), both Axefx/LG. I set the controller so that when LG is disconected I could play with Axefx. I set the LG as simpler as possible, same switch same function in all my bank/patches.

I've asked Xavier a special "stompboard axefx mode", he said "doable, wait for LG2". So LG seems to me like a real keeper.

:mrgreen:

I could not be happier with the Liquid Foot.
Jeff's support is amazing and the product keeps getting better.
I sold my first one to buy one with a blue LCD. Its amazing.
The product he has coming out to (Liquid Tracks) is going to make playing live a lot more fun.

For me, form factor of LF Jr was better. American company seemed more accessible, though I am one who's not a great fan of the LF support. He was terribly unresponsive during the 2-3 weeks that I needed assistance.

This thread risks turning into a "The _________ that I bought is obviously the best" tennis match.

They are both great products w/ excellent support. They each take a different approach. Each will appeal to different users. Each is more economical on their side of the pond.

I also feel both products are of equal high quality but offer a different approach that appeals to dpeople with different desires.
But one thing that certainly works against the LG is the location.
I'm convinced that, were Gordius an USA based company, the LG would be a lot more popular.
That plus the fact that Belgium is a very small country and we're not exactly chauvinistic.
I've met Xavier and I must say his ideas are even more fantastic that what he's created so far.
What he's got lined up for the next upgrade of the LG is incredible.
Thousand presets, songs, stompboxes,.....

MisterE said:
That plus the fact that Belgium is a very small country and we're not exactly chauvinistic.

Never mind the Gordius, Flemish girls rule! :)

Glad to know I'm not the only one who's gotten terrible service. Completely unresponsive has been my experience. It's enormously frustrating to have close to a thousand dollar midi controller that I can't get to do the things it's supposed too - that I can easily do with my 8 yr old Ground Control.

I can't believe I spent over $900 on a foot pedal and I've basically begged for support and I still can't get it. Oh well, live and learn the hard way. Just bums me out and leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Not trying to derail the thread, but it's been over a month of being hung out to dry. Honestly, if I could return it for a refund I would and get an Axess one. Mario has always responded to my emails within hrs. Fractal too. Hell, Voodoo Labs has sent me replacement parts for 5 yrs within 24hrs and given me text support on a pedal I paid $300 USED for.

So yea, I thought being an American company it would be more accessible - so much for that theory.

>For me, form factor of LF Jr was better. American company seemed more accessible, though I am one who's not >a great fan of the LF support. He was terribly unresponsive during the 2-3 weeks that I needed assistance.

GuitarDojo said:
I could not be happier with the Liquid Foot.
Jeff's support is amazing and the product keeps getting better.
I sold my first one to buy one with a blue LCD. Its amazing.
The product he has coming out to (Liquid Tracks) is going to make playing live a lot more fun.

And I am enjoying that LF :)

I had a Midimate and wanted more IA switches.

The FAS controler is still yet to be seen (a year after I was looking) though is probably, ultimately, the best solution.

I looked at the LG, and liked the size, but not the button loyout. Also there wernt enough buttons for me (I wanted 5 patch, 10 IAs, bank up and bank down as a minimum). If there had been a model available with enough buttons for me - in a nice compact but regular format I may well have gone for this option.

I also looked at the LF. The size is a bit big for me really but it had the functionality I wanted. Initial response was great - 1 day. At the time though there was no EU model (Im in the UK) as the power supply was US only. I was told an EU model would be available soon. A couple of months later I EMailed again for an update (several times) and got no response. Very dissapointing.

In the end I found a used Rocktron All Access on EBay for a steal (£300) and couldnt be happier. The only things missing are not "must have" but "like to have" - namely auto patch naming and tuner display. I have a Stroborack in my Rack so I dont use the tuner on the axe (I can see the Strob from a distance away) BUT if I could display the Axe tuner at my feet the Peterson could be sold on - lightening my rack and adding to my coffers.

Ultimately - as long as the size of the board will fit on my pedalboard (and it appears to be very similar in size to the Rocktron), Ill get the MFC101 when its released using the sale of my All Access and Stroborack to part/fully fund it. Until then Im really happy with what I have.

Back
Top Bottom