CURE for Gear Acquisition Syndrome?

i have found a guaranteed cure for buying more guitars... simple 2 step process: buy all the tools to build guitars and then learn to build them - blammo - issue solved. I have not had the urge to buy a new guitar in quite some time (sadly my urge to buy insane amounts of figured wood is terminal).
In addition to wood, I can only imagine this advice will lead to a whole new list of wants... more space for a workshop, more/better tools... :)

In addition to wood, I can only imagine this advice will lead to a whole new list of wants... more space for a workshop, more/better tools... :)
so true. can never have enough. files, chisels, chisel sharpeners, card scrapers, burnishers... even after you have the big tools you can always use say a 20" bandsaw so you can resaw even bigger pieces... just never ends. then again... what a way to go!

Know what you like and what you need.

What I like: guitars
What I need: an HSS strat-style guitar with a Floyd Rose, 22 frets, a compound radius, and jumbo frets.

What I like: gear
What I need: two MESA/Bogner/Orange 4x12's, a pedaltrain, an FC12 and two Fractal expression pedals.

Back
Top Bottom