Cubase sees Axe FX3 as output, but not as input?

bartnijman94

Hi, I've recorded with the Axe FX3 through Cubase before, but it suddenly stopped working a while ago. Cubase says theres no input connection, none to be found. It does see the Axe FX3 as an output device, and I can hear my guitar signal perfectly fine through the monitors. When I plug the Komplete Audio 6 into another usb port, Cubase automaticaly sees that as an input device.

Pretty much everything I find that tries to solve 'no input/no signal' wants you to just go to the vst connections and put axe fx as your device. But it's just not there (as an input device, again output is fine). 'Not Connected'

What am I missing?

Hi, I've recorded with the Axe FX3 through Cubase before, but it suddenly stopped working a while ago. Cubase says theres no input connection, none to be found. It does see the Axe FX3 as an output device, and I can hear my guitar signal perfectly fine through the monitors. When I plug the Komplete Audio 6 into another usb port, Cubase automaticaly sees that as an input device.

Pretty much everything I find that tries to solve 'no input/no signal' wants you to just go to the vst connections and put axe fx as your device. But it's just not there (as an input device, again output is fine). 'Not Connected'

What am I missing?
What OS are you using? Are you using anything other than you Axe-FX as an audio device?

Windows 10, and it's just the axe fx. I only plugged the komplete audio in to check if cubase would auto detect inputs, which it did

What am I missing?

Cubase doesn't necessarily create input busses automatically. You need to add one (or more) in that window where it shows "not connected".

It sounds like you have gone into Studio - Studio setup and selected AxeFX as your asio driver. If not, start there. Then go to Studio - Audio connections. Make sure you are on the input tab, click in the spreadsheet and you should have some options.

Windows 10, and it's just the axe fx. I only plugged the komplete audio in to check if cubase would auto detect inputs, which it did
That's helpful info. I think those that have already replied will get you going.

In Cubase, when launching or switching between projects, I've gotten in the habit of double-checking I/O settings by hitting F4 and selecting presets I've setup for input and output. I've found these settings aren't always persistent from one session to the next.

It sounds like you have gone into Studio - Studio setup and selected AxeFX as your asio driver. If not, start there. Then go to Studio - Audio connections. Make sure you are on the input tab, click in the spreadsheet and you should have some options.
YES thank you i knew it was something stupid since it has worked before. It was the ASIO driver, didnt think to look there because it did see the output of the axe fx, so I guess I figured it was all working normally. Thanks!!!

1703778967144.png

I have similar issue in Cubase. FX3 output is visible, but the input does not show any connection at all.

INPUT HAS NO CONNECTIONS TO CHOOSE:

1703779084090.png

This is what Studio Shows, and I already rebooted tripple times.

1703780398364.png

Anyone knows a solution???

Last edited:
1703781081677.png

First of all: Thanks for the response!

This is inside Studio, not finding a place where I can see or add my FX3.

I was working with AXE FX2 and then all was easy. I also made earlier some recordings. Even when I open a previsous recording I can't find my fx3 input(s) anywhere. They seemed to have dissapeared.

PS: Windows 10 user on cubase 10.

If you haven't already done so, install the Axe-FX asio driver, then select that as your audio device in Studio Setup and enable the audio inputs and outputs.

Back
Top Bottom