Cubase 11

GlennO

Axe-Master
If you're thinking about jumping on the Cubase 11 update today...it's best to wait a while. There have been a lot of problems, including losing access to any older versions of Cubase you have installed. It's a bit of a mess at the moment.

Been using/upgrading Cubase since version 6 (9th upgrade) and never had an issue. I believe steinberg had an auth server issue at launch.

You can keep and run any of your older versions on the same machine which is hand.

You can keep and run any of your older versions on the same machine which is hand.

That's the problem. They are having technical problems which cause you to lose the ability to use the older versions. Steinberg has halted taking orders for the update until they get this sorted. I'm sure it will be resolved shortly, but this has not gone well.

Hey GlenO. That’s a bit of a show shopper! Hopefully they get it sorted quickly.
I usually upgrade for less during the summer offer - cheaper, plus any fixes are in place at that point.
Thanks

I'm curious if most users here are using the pro or Artist version? I'm on Artist 10.5 and not sure if worth upgrading. I'm no power user and just record stuff for my own pleasure

Cubase 10 Pro here. For my uses, I didn’t see anything compelling on 11 for me. I don’t use samples or do scoring and a lot of the new features related to that.

I'm fine with Artist, because I make only home recording and for this there are already more features than I usually need.
Thanks for the warning!

Cubase 10 Pro here. For my uses, I didn’t see anything compelling on 11 for me. I don’t use samples or do scoring and a lot of the new features related to that.
I just looked at what the updates were for 11 and yeah, a lot of the focus seems to be upgrades to sample editor and functions I dont' really use. I think Artist 11 now has unlimited audio/midi tracks. Don't think 10.5 does. Not that it matters, I have yet to ever max out so don't think i'll be upgrading just for the sake of upgrading.

Cubase Pro 11 user here and there something more in the 11 version that is very important to who, like me, has to bounce or export tracks for customer in different version: the new bounce system let you queue many types of export while before you had to do one export at time. Another important thing is that Spectralayer (the limited version) is now part of the pro version and that there's a new meter plugin that let you chose what and how to monitor. And, on Win, performance are better than with 10.5.
Well, IMHO this is worth the 99 euros spent.

Back
Top Bottom