cbellanga

Inspired
A question for the more advanced users:

I have a delay on/off on FS8

I also have a Control Switch on FS4 as a solo boost doing the following:
- turn on a filter with 4db boost
- increase a Drive pedal distortion value
- *turn delay on*

For some reason, when I attach the delay to my Control Switch, I can't control it manually via FS8 anymore.
Is that the correct behaviour or am I missing anything?

Preset attached just in case anyone has time to have a look at it :)

thanks!

Attachments

• Princeton NR.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 1
it's correct. a modifier (what you use to assign to the CS) overrides the regular midi/footswitch.

always good to upload the preset though. *thumbsup*

Thanks Chris, well that’s a shame as I thought I’ve found the ultimate solution for a *global*solo boost. If I have to choose then it makes more sense to be able to turn the delay on/off instead.

You didn't have enough CPU for a second, dedicated 'Solo Boost' Delay block. So I did the next best thing.......

Configured the 'Deluxe Mind Guy' as a 'Dual' Delay block. Panned the Left and Right delays to the center. Attached 'CTL 1' to the Left 'Level' parameter and 'CTL 2' to the Right 'Level' parameter. Just leave the Delay block on in all of the scenes.

One question.....Why are you only using scenes 5, 6, and 7, instead of 1, 2, and 3? The preset loads with scene 1 active (which could be changed to scene 5, 6, or 7), then you have to select one of the scenes that you are using? You can copy scenes 5, 6, and 7 into scenes 1, 2, and 3.........

Attachments

• Princeton NR 2.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 3
You didn't have enough CPU for a second, dedicated 'Solo Boost' Delay block. So I did the next best thing.......

Configured the 'Deluxe Mind Guy' as a 'Dual' Delay block. Panned the Left and Right delays to the center. Attached 'CTL 1' to the Left 'Level' parameter and 'CTL 2' to the Right 'Level' parameter. Just leave the Delay block on in all of the scenes.

One question.....Why are you only using scenes 5, 6, and 7, instead of 1, 2, and 3? The preset loads with scene 1 active (which could be changed to scene 5, 6, or 7), then you have to select one of the scenes that you are using? You can copy scenes 5, 6, and 7 into scenes 1, 2, and 3.........

I'm amazed :) great solution, thanks for taking the time!

Reg. my scenes - I was messing around on trying to maximise the F3 footswitches .. atm the F3 is S1/S2 :)

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom