CS for Amp Input Boost carries across presets??? - It's Back in FW 4 and 5

WITELITE

Experienced
I had previously posted about this and went back and assigned CS1 as the modifier for Amp Input Boost across all my presets.This works fine. (original post link below)

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/amp-input-boost-switch.146578/

However, I notice when I switch presets, the state of the input boost carries across presets. So if I used on a heavy preset and switch to a clean one, the boost stays on and vice versa.

I would think the switching of presets would set all things to the state of the preset as saved (like it works for other blocks)

Am I missing something.

MM

CS Per Scene can be ON, OFF, or LAST. Sounds like maybe you've set it to LAST.

A possible way around it is to assign a scene that you don't use to the proper values you want. For example, I always use scenes 1-4. Scene 1 is my default "Main" Scene. However, I could make scene 8 my default entry point instead. The only difference is that the CS is set to OFF for scene 8 vs LAST for scene 1.

It would be nice if there was a setting for this since I would typically want my entry point to be all OFF, but I want my Main Scene to be set to "Last".

CS Per Scene can be ON, OFF, or LAST. Sounds like maybe you've set it to LAST.

You may be on to something here though I've looked at the WIKI and haven't yet found where that is set. And even so, while I get this across scenes, wouldn't the changing of preset restore the values of THAT preset as saved?

If you are using Axe-Edit, hit the Controllers button. You'll see the CS settings there for scenes.

UPDATE : Great suggestion but I still think not working as planned. I did have them all set to LAST. So I went into preset 5 and changed CS 1 (Amp Input Boost) to off for scene 1. I put the boost on in preset 4 and changed to preset 5 and it was still on. Interestingly when I went to scene 2 and then back to scene 1 it turned off.

So I'm gathering that setting works correctly within a preset but does not seem to reset to the saved state when you CHANGE presets.

Make sense?

Thanks all!!!

MM

Last edited:
You may be on to something here though I've looked at the WIKI and haven't yet found where that is set.
From the front panel, go to CONTROLLERS > PER PRESET FC SETTINGS > CS PER SCENE.

And even so, while I get this across scenes, wouldn't the changing of preset restore the values of THAT preset as saved?
If THAT preset has CS Per Scene set to LAST...

From the front panel, go to CONTROLLERS > PER PRESET FC SETTINGS > CS PER SCENE.

If THAT preset has CS Per Scene set to LAST...
I don't think it is working that way per my prior post. It seems to work within a preset but not if you change them

There was a similar bug on 3.60 for the AX8 a while ago, so it’s possible something similar is happening here.

There was a similar bug on 3.60 for the AX8 a while ago, so it’s possible something similar is happening here.
That's cool and thanks Chris. I know it will get taken care of if that's the case. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't "user error" :)

Thanks

MM

Hey Chris

Out of curiosity, when this is fixed would it be part of the FC Firmware updates or the Axe ones. Just trying to understand the difference going forward. I'm assuming Axe

Thanks

MM

Hey Chris

Out of curiosity, when this is fixed would it be part of the FC Firmware updates or the Axe ones. Just trying to understand the difference going forward. I'm assuming Axe

Thanks

MM
From what I understand, all FC Firmware updates will be incorporated into the AxeFX III Firmware updates.

I understand you want a fix, but other than this forum post, has this been reported as a problem with Fractal directly or via other means (beta team)?

I understand you want a fix, but other than this forum post, has this been reported as a problem with Fractal directly or via other means (beta team)?

Good point. I assumed from Chris' response of a "similar bug" that it was but perhaps i should do so more formally.

@chris - Let me know if I should report some other way.

MM

Back
Top Bottom