• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Crystal Reverb Stock Improv

Sidivan

Fractal Fanatic
I was going through all the stock patches and organizing them by clean, crunch, lead, etc... and I hit the Crystal Reverb patch. This is a patch I always ran across in the Ultra, but never really paid attention to. This time, I was instantly inspired as I hit an EMaj7. It sounded so damned good, I hit record and started screwing around. Here's a little clip of the improv session. There are some mistakes of course, but it's 1-take of just exploring the sound of this patch. I'm extremely impressed with how smart the effect is. Switching in and out of major/minor chords and it blends seemlessly, even breaking down into a little lead lick it still manages to hold onto the chord. I did overdub the 2nd lead fill because it was easier than cutting/pasting/lining up the one time I hit it 3 or 4 minutes in.

[Soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/sidivan/crystal-reverb-improv[/soundcloud]

fatandugly

Experienced
Very cool stuff. I've revisited all the patches after the 6.0 upgrade and I had forgotten how many great/trippy patches there were. You get kinda' locked into whatever you have programmed into your floorboard and don't cruise around a lot. Some of that stuff I needed to kind of grow into. I'll revisit this patch now after hearing this.

MickUF

sounds great!! I like how you chose a neck sound for your guitar. With the high pitched crystals it all comes together and sounds huge and spacious Love it

Mick

Top Bottom