Crystal Delay

andyg_prs

Hi,

I'm moving from Kemper to AX8 and there are some sounds that I need to replicate. I use a crystal delay for an intro of a particular song from my band.

I've captured some not great audio of me playing first on the Kemper, then the AX8. The sound lacks a bit of treble so it may not be that clear.

The issue on the AX8 is that the sound seems to get repeated several times, each time going up an octave and you get a jumble of high frequeny notes that sound like some video game.

I've used the Crystal Delay and only selected on octave (written as 12 (semitones I guess) in the settings. I don't know how to stop this crazy high pitched and accelerated regeneration.

Any ideas? Please let me know if you can't hear what I'm referring to and I'll try recording some single stabs to illustrate the point better.

Thanks,
Andy

Attachments

• crystal comparison.zip
    723 KB · Views: 8
Could you maybe post the audio to Soundcloud or some other place? Might be a little easier to help if we can just hear it here as opposed to downloading a zip file (I’m often on my phone checking out the forum). :).

Hi, absolutely - sorry, I was rushing and expected to be able to upload the mp3 directly, when I couldn't I worked out a zip would work instead.

Here it is......incidentally, I've been told to try the Plex Shifter, but I've not yet had the chance.

Thanks,
Andy

I’d adjust feedback first. This controls how much of the pitched/delayed signal is sent back to its own input (pitch shifts the already-shifted signal). If it still feels too shrill, adjust the high cut. I usually roll tons of high end off my shimmer/crystal sounds.

Back
Top Bottom