Crybaby Rack Controller and the AX8

AJ Vargas

Experienced
I found that a store nearby carries these:

https://www.jimdunlop.com/product/dcr-1fc-7-10137-00609-6.do

And I'm curious if anyone has used them with the AX8 and/or the AXE FX to control wah. I mean, it's possible to use it to turn the wah on/off using the toe switch AND control the wah effect using a single stereo cable instead of two (like the Mission SP-1)?

It also has another mini-switch to engage the boost...

The thing is... the Crybaby Rack Controller is about $70 cheaper than the Mission Engineering and, while it's available at the store (Mission pedals need to be pre-ordered), the stores here in Mexico doesn't let you bring your rig to check on gear that easily...

It might work as a continuous controller but I'm super skeptical it's switches will work. They appear to do signaling over the pair of wires that connect the pedal to the Dunlop rack unit. That's not something that's compatible with the AX8.

That will not work as is, (I own one) there are some electronics under the hood just for the rack wah and it also takes a battery.

To do what you want the pedal would have to be gutted, I'm not sure what pot is in it I can take a look at mine if you like for the toe switch you would have to drill it out and add a jack. Its do-able. But a bit of a pain.

John

Back
Top Bottom