Cry baby feeding input?

Good to know. What were your thoughts of the Ultra's wah?

Super versatile. Essentially lets you build a wah from the ground up. There are a few sample settings in the Wiki that are a good place to start if you are having trouble building one from the default settings (like me) and then you can tweak from there.

Good to know. What were your thoughts of the Ultra's wah?

used it with a bunch of Cry Babys. My fav was one I had modded with an Fasel inductor (red I think).
then I tweaked the Ultra's wah a bit and have since then never bothered to connect a wah in front.
a crybaby doesn't sound better, adds noise, tricky with fuzz pedals.

used it with a bunch of Cry Babys. My fav was one I had modded with an Fasel inductor (red I think).
then I tweaked the Ultra's wah a bit and have since then never bothered to connect a wah in front.
a crybaby doesn't sound better, adds noise, tricky with fuzz pedals.

Which parameter tweak gave you the result you liked? Would playing with the Res make is more pronounced with a med-hi gain amp sim?

Where do you place it in your signal chain?

Thanks

there are really not that many parameters in the wah block.

first, get the character of the wah right, it's most likely Bandpass, but check the others anyway.
Min and Max frequencies are pretty easy to set, resonance of course like you said: how 'sharp' the wah peak is.
tracking determines how the resonance behaves between Min and Max settings.

(I just realized i copy the WIKI...)

Wah-wah - Fractal Audio Systems Wiki
When you connect the frequency parameter with an expernal controller (pedal) you can further shape how the wah behaves and dial in a little damping 8ms-12ms to keep things smooth.
the default sound of the Wah block is actually based on a Crybaby, so adjusting resonance and tracking might get you there.

what usually happens, at least to me, after I cloned a pedal with the Axe, I keep adjusting it and end up with something that was only in my head before, as opposed to 'in the pedal'.

Back
Top Bottom