CROWN XLS series amps for the Axe FX

pablito

Inspired
Hi everybody. I cannot import a Matrix amp now, but a Crown XLS1500 showed up for purchase online in my country. Do you guys recommend these Crown amps (2U) for a FRFR situation? Thanks

Hi everybody. I cannot import a Matrix amp now, but a Crown XLS1500 showed up for purchase online in my country. Do you guys recommend these Crown amps (2U) for a FRFR situation? Thanks

I switched to a Crown XLS 2500... I love it!

For the price it is a true value, well built of high quality components and it sounds very smooth with power (headroom) to spare. Even though it's a 2U, it's like only 10lb, very light weight. I paired it with 2 AccuGroove Latte's. Simply the best setup I've had yet. My band and others are amazed as well.

It really brings out the IR goodness of the Axe FX XL and II.

I use a Crown XLS1500 in my home setup and have been really happy with it. Tons of power, quiet as can be. If the fan ever runs, I'm unaware of it.

I'm driving a pair of 4-ohm Raezer's Edge Extended Range cabinets, which are full range but not very flat response--FRNVFR ;)

Axe-FXII_zps02cc65ac.jpg~original

Danny W.

Not exactly the same, but I use a PLX1804 on (rare) occasion and it works just fine. Crown power amps are top notch.

I own a Crown XLS 1000 and I didn't like it, I prefer using my Matrix GT1000fx but the amp I like the most is the Mesa Boogie 2 90. Compared to the Crown XLS and believe it or not the Mesa was louder and it's only 90 watts per channel!
Keep in mind that I don't use IR's, I prefer using a 2 x 12, 4 x 12 or two 4 x 12 cabs. I like using the presence controls on the Mesa 2 90 because it adds a more natural too end than using an eq.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crown XLS are not so hot - lot of bass guys I know have had issues. I'd avoid the XLS line altogether.

Back
Top Bottom