Crossover Into 2 Amps

brianv4

Fractal Fanatic
Having a bit of a brain fart trying to use the crossover to split the signal into 2 different amps. Doesn't seem as if the panning is sending the low to one side/amp and the high to the other amp. The diagram in the blocks guide looks simple enough. Here's a screenshot, I reset the crossover to default settings. What do I need to do?

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 7.29.53 PM.png

Make sure your amp blocks are set to L or R, not SUM.

Also, pan lows all the way one direction, not both as you have it. Same with highs.

See if that helps.

Having a bit of a brain fart trying to use the crossover to split the signal into 2 different amps. Doesn't seem as if the panning is sending the low to one side/amp and the high to the other amp. The diagram in the blocks guide looks simple enough. Here's a screenshot, I reset the crossover to default settings. What do I need to do?

View attachment 73290
Was doing this the other day - definitely confusing - I think to have the lows going left and the highs going right you set LLL to max, LLR to min, HLL to min, HLR to max, LPL and LPR to -50, HPL and HPR to +50

Was doing this the other day - definitely confusing - I think to have the lows going left and the highs going right you set LLL to max, LLR to min, HLL to min, HLR to max, LPL and LPR to -50, HPL and HPR to +50
Should look like this:
Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 7.50.32 PM.png

there is a nuance to the panning - if I remember the panning knobs are attached to the input of the block and select signal to send through - I saw some posts about it recently - will try to find them as I was confused about it as well even after reading the manual

Here's a preset I threw together, not tweaked for tone yet. Friedman on the right (high), Brit 800 on the left (low);

Attachments

• Crossover Amps.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
I want to put the x-over after an amp and put delay just on the higher notes, that was my original goal ;-)

I want to put the x-over after an amp and put delay just on the higher notes, that was my original goal ;-)
No need for a crossover block or panning for that. Put a high pass filter block in front of a delay block (at 100% wet), both running in parallel to your dry signal.

You could also just crank the low cut filter in the delay block itself way up to filter out the low end from the delay signal as well.

There's also a factory preset that demonstrates use of the Crossover.

Back
Top Bottom