AFIII Cross Country Driver

Great stuff! I see the Axe-Fx III back there. Cool to have Dug Pinnick guesting on it as well. Man, that drummer looks young.

Thank you Cliff!!! Whole record is fractal (and Tom Anderson guitars). We have singles out in Feb/March with the whole record coming out in March. We also have Viv Campbell on a track, Mike Mangini on several, dUg on several, Rhonda Smith, Kfigg from Extreme and Greg Chaisson from Badlands. Thank you everyone for checking it out! It took several years to finish so I am very happy to see it finally out there.

Can't wait to hear the buy/hear the entire album, Jim. Congrats on this seeing the light of day! 🍻
It took 4 years LOL, I am also super happy it is finally being released. Funny thing is the easiest part was writing and recording it and the fractal just made getting the guitar tones so effortless.

What a great band. Rob is a legendary vocalist. Cool to see you rocking the Godins in the video as well.
Oh yes the godins are very cool! Rob the singer is endorsed so when we shot in Canada that was what I used. They gave me a Seagull acoustic to use for a live shoot and it was amazing (CW Artist), I never gave it back ha ha. really surprised me how good it was. For electrics the record is all Tom Anderson. Thank you again for your interest!

Care to share any thoughts on what amp models you used during recording. Cool if you don't want to either. :)

Any Tour plans coming up?

Care to share any thoughts on what amp models you used during recording. Cool if you don't want to either. :)

Any Tour plans coming up?
Hey thank you for asking! Not sure on live gigs, that seems hard to make happen right now. We have a few more singles coming out with Mike Mangini and dug and greg chaisson, these will be much heavier and more guitar oriented. This first single I would say is much more of a vocal song. The label picks the singles LOL. I am going to be posting up a rig rundown with some sound examples. Here is a few shots of my rig! It is compact and has a patch bay and wireless all in a tiny rack! takes about 8 minutes to set up and tear down. I gig regularly with my boston band Fighting Friday (covers and originals). My cab is always the legacy cab 103 4x12 Greenback TV Mix. Amp wise live it is 100W 1970 Plexi and Deluxe verb Vibrato for cleans. For solo's I just boost with the tube overdrive and a delay. For recordings I sort of just used whatever I land on, it always started with the legacy cab 103 and then it was plexi, Carol Ann, Friedman, I may have used a CAE, cleans almost always the AC20 Morgan. I would just sort of grab and amp and dial in what I wanted. With such strong bass players I had to craft tones around them to fit the mix (lots of keys too). So I would generally cut the bass and gain and often used single coils. For gain I start reducing it to the point where I feel uncomfortable playing and that is usually the right amount of gain LOL. Any more questions let me know! Always happy to talk gear!

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 11
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom