Implemented Cross compatibility with Axe-Fx II XL+ presets

On more than one occasion I have been finding myself wanting to use some of the presets I download on the newly (new for me at least) discovered axechage website. When I try to import them into my AXE FX III I get a pop up saying that it's not able to because of reason.

+1

Fractool is very easy to use, and free! Don't forget to donate if you like it.
I am using it right now, and for some odd reason I'm not getting any sound to come out. I'm using the Bulb Rhythm Patch that I found on axechange. It worked for the bulb clean so I am fairly certain that it has something to do with the preset itself and I can't find what it is.

Change to layout view, meters page and see where you lose the signal, most likely its either a controller tied to volume or a user cab missing

Agreed, normally the cause is some controller (e.g. volume block) and the easiest is to just disable the block or map it to your own controller.

Also, check the cab is setup, might not be a cab that is available in your device.

If none of the above work, then bypass all blocks except the Amp, make sure you have a sound coming through, and gradually enable the blocks one-by-one until you find the culprit. EDIT: This method is more for the AxeFXII users, your AxeFXIII has those handy meters!

I am using it right now, and for some odd reason I'm not getting any sound to come out. I'm using the Bulb Rhythm Patch that I found on axechange. It worked for the bulb clean so I am fairly certain that it has something to do with the preset itself and I can't find what it is.
It probably uses a custom cab. Manually point your cab block to the correct user cab

Edit : it's also a very old preset (firmware 9, current AxeFx II/XL firmware is 30.01 (also known as Q10.01). Don't expect it to have a good sound, many many changes occured during all these updates

Edit2 : tried it, its gate block is set too high probably, bypass the gate

It probably uses a custom cab. Manually point your cab block to the correct user cab

Edit : it's also a very old preset (firmware 9, current AxeFx II/XL firmware is 30.01 (also known as Q10.01). Don't expect it to have a good sound, many many changes occured during all these updates

Edit2 : tried it, its gate block is set too high probably, bypass the gate
I attempted to bypass the gate but that didn't work. I just ended copying and pasting all the blocks into an <empty> preset and now I'm tweaking the heck out of it. When I plug in and out of the two units they both sound very much different.

Agreed, normally the cause is some controller (e.g. volume block) and the easiest is to just disable the block or map it to your own controller.

Also, check the cab is setup, might not be a cab that is available in your device.

If none of the above work, then bypass all blocks except the Amp, make sure you have a sound coming through, and gradually enable the blocks one-by-one until you find the culprit. EDIT: This method is more for the AxeFXII users, your AxeFXIII has those handy meters!
I did all that and ultimately just copied & pasted all the blocks into an <empty> preset. I got sound but now the tweaking has gotten pretty intense. I'm deep in the rabbit hole trying to copy it switching from AXE FX XL+ to AXE FX III and still they sound like two very different presets.

Back
Top Bottom