CRL problem

Might only be a $0.05 component that is failing, but that still keeps a $1000 investment from doing it's job. That still makes me think twice about buying one. My Mark IV is 23 years old and is still rock solid.

Agree, one of the reasons I have the passive ones. I have several 30 yr old amps that still work fine, just don't use them anymore.

Tom was great! Gave me a call
and a replacement amp on the way! Thumbs Up!!
Hi budda007, thanks for working with me to get your replacement shipped out right away.

A note to those speculating about the reliability of our amps: We use a very high quality and reliable amp system in the Active CLRs. This has been proven over a very large number of units in the field in a variety of situations from outdoor arenas to mastering studios to bedrooms. Like in any electronic device, occasional component failure is unavoidable even when using high quality parts. They’re may have been a small batch of bad components from a run some time back that caused this small rash of issues. This, however, is not an ongoing issue in production. In the rare instances that there has been any issue with a CLR, it has been quickly resolved for the customer with no charge (as noted in this thread).

If we were selling the CLR amp separately it would go for much more than the $250 estimated earlier in this thread. For those who remember, the $999.95 price for the Active CLR was an introductory price. We decided to hold that price (for the time being) because we liked the value we were passing on to our customers for what we feel is the best way to experience the product. What the price should actually be is not reflected when comparing them to the passive cabs. The Active CLRs are just a great value. If that’s a problem for those concerned, we can always bump the price;)

-TK

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Tom. Don't get me wrong. I'm sure the CLR's are a fantastic product. There's good reason they are so popular here. I'm glad to get some perspective on the scale of the actual issue. Sometimes the internet has a way of skewing people's perceptions of things. Everyone is quick to go online and complain about a problem, but very few people go online just to report not having any problems at all. All products can go through hickups in production. It's just part of the process. The great thing is that you are willing to stand behind the product and make it right by getting customers back up and running super fast. Good customer service goes a LONG way in my book. I just always get jittery when I'm about to spend a bunch of money on something.

I've had both of my active wedges for over a year. They were shipped across the country to get to me. Went back across to get the Neo upgrade, back out to me & I have never had a problem with either one. If I did, I know Tom would take care of it. I have spoken to him a couple of times & he is a great guy with a great product & he stands behind them. I would not hesitate to buy more CLRs if I had a need for them or to recommend them highly.

Everything breaks. What's important is what the company does when their gear tanks. Glad to hear Atomic doing it right. Hats off to 'em!

Back
Top Bottom