CRL problem

budda007

Inspired
Hey guys I encounter a problem with my CLR at my last gig. The last few songs the CLR totally cut out and no sound came out. I know all cables,guitar and connections was fine. Axe ii is also working fine. Have been using this set up for over 30 plus gigs no problem. I tested it out again last night and while playing all if the sudden my sound was gone again. I play at normal volume. Gig volumes is at: Input at half way and master at half way. I look at the back of the CLR and notice the the clip led red lights we red and stayed on. I proceed to turn the CLR back off and on and I still got the red clip lights on. I change presets, and the clip light still stayed on. What could this be? It looks like a sporadic problem cause it work normally this morning. I have contact atomic but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks in advance?

when you turn on the CLR and don't have anything playing through it, the Clip lights are on?

Yea, I been waiting all day for them to contact me back. Had it for about a year so I hope they will take care of me.

Last edited:
Yep, the amp needs replacement. I had this problem too!
But Tom answered real quick and even faster my amp was here! Only 2 days from reporting faulty unit till replacement.

Too bad that it happend but i was very pleased about the way things were handeled by mr. King. Thumps up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe send Tom a second communication. He's usually pretty on top of it and I know from experience that he will provide top notch customer service once he is aware of your situation.

I email him directly and through support. I got an email back today. He said he was going to call and try to figure it out.

Last edited:
Yep, the amp needs replacement. I had this problem too!
But Tom answered real quick and even faster my amp was here! Only 2 days from reporting faulty unit till replacement.

Too bad that it happend but i was very pleased about the way things were handeled by mr. King. Thumps up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here.. had one fail about 8 months or so back. Tom sent a replacement amp and I installed it myself. Has worked fine since.

it actually makes me feel better to know the issue isn't isolated to me. i don't even work the CLR very hard, never get the level above noon. at first it would start cutting out then coming back on (all lights flashing on the back) then it would eventually cut out completely.

Based on the passive speaker price its really a $250 amp though. Can't expect too much there.

Might only be a $0.05 component that is failing, but that still keeps a $1000 investment from doing it's job. That still makes me think twice about buying one. My Mark IV is 23 years old and is still rock solid.

Might only be a $0.05 component that is failing, but that still keeps a $1000 investment from doing it's job. That still makes me think twice about buying one. My Mark IV is 23 years old and is still rock solid.

and i'm sure there are those out there that have had repeated problems with their Mark IV's. It happens sometimes, no matter the product. Tom King has been very helpful, even overnighting my last to me, for free, so it would make it to me for a big gig I had.

I'd buy another CLR tomorrow, no worries.

Back
Top Bottom