Crest Audio Poweramps

scottburrow

Fractal Fanatic
My buddy is selling his Crest Audio CD3000 power amp, and is willing to give me a good deal. Does anyone know anything about them and would it be overkill? he said it was like 46lbs which is heavy I know and 1500 watts per side.

Now as a side note, it would be a really great deal and that it would be in its own case and used occasionally for bar gigs with a 4x12 or two 4x12s. He only told me about it after I told him that I was going to the AXE-Fest and that their would be a lot of power amp options to listen to. I told him after I come back from the event that I would get back with him.

So like I said, is it to much power amp for a Normal 4x12 situation?

Depending on how good of a deal your getting I would buy it just because, but it would have to be better then what a Matrix costs new. As far as running it to your 412'(s) I would say it's over kill but you can always turn down the masters to keep things from melting. @ 46 Lbs it's killer on the back after a wile ;).

He was selling it to me for $600.00. Good deal I know, but the matrix amp has got me intrigued as well, because it's so light.

I called tone merchants yesterday, and they said that they would be selling the GT1000fx's at the Axe-fest event, so I really want to wait and see these in person, before I make a decision. I know the Matrix cost more, but I think the weight alone might be worth the cash. My friend is a great and won't be offended if I decide not to, so that's good. He just getting out of the pa business, so he has it lying around. It's kind of sad really, he just said that he was giving up drumming one day, and said that he was getting into scuba diving. I said have fun with that, living in Arizona...

He was selling it to me for $600.00. Good deal I know, but the matrix amp has got me intrigued as well, because it's so light.

I called tone merchants yesterday, and they said that they would be selling the GT1000fx's at the Axe-fest event, so I really want to wait and see these in person, before I make a decision. I know the Matrix cost more, but I think the weight alone might be worth the cash. My friend is a great and won't be offended if I decide not to, so that's good. He just getting out of the pa business, so he has it lying around. It's kind of sad really, he just said that he was giving up drumming one day, and said that he was getting into scuba diving. I said have fun with that, living in Arizona...

I would be all over the Matrix for that kind of money, don't get me wrong the Crest is a nice amp but based on review alone I would wait on that. It may not have the head room that the Crest has but it doesn't have the weight ether. Power wise I think you will be fine with the GT1000 even pushing two 412's it should be plenty loud.

I would be all over the Matrix for that kind of money, don't get me wrong the Crest is a nice amp but based on review alone I would wait on that. It may not have the head room that the Crest has but it doesn't have the weight ether. Power wise I think you will be fine with the GT1000 even pushing two 412's it should be plenty loud.

Cool, thanks for your advise. I was leaning the same way, but wanted a second opinion. Weight is definitely a huge contributing factor. I can't wait to be able listen to these things first hand. I'll let you know how I go, thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom