Creative uses for expression pedal

ghost219

Inspired
Curious to see/hear these. No plain wah or volume BUT a combination of either with something else besides just delay or reverb. Also, I'm fully utilizing this thread to "borrow" ideas for my 2nd incoming expression pedal :D

ANDALE!

Absolutely! Do a search on axechange for the "Harmonic Feedback Mark Day" preset and convert it to AX8 format with AxeFxSend. I just copied the compressor and pitch blocks to the presets I use the feedback on - and adjust as necessary. Works great on AX8.

Dotted 1/8 delay 100% all the way back with 75% all the way up and a curve to 50% in the middle mixed with a shimmer at 0% all the way back and and 100% all the way up. Levels based on patch mixes. I also use a pedal on the input trim to get a boost, all,the way back no boost and all the way up around 12db boost. That way I can go from clean to high gain on the same patch.

I'm relatively new to Fractal products but I do use expression pedals to control a few things. I got use to doing this on a Roland VG-99 and a Boss GP-10. The Roland/Boss stuff has a lot of possible real-time control available, just like the Fractal units. On my GP-10 I made a patch for the U2 song "Pride" that had multiple parameters assigned to 1 pedal. As you depressed the Ex pedal in that patch, it: Increased the volume, Increased the delay mix on 2 different delays, and backed off the gain on the amp slightly.

With the pedal in the "Up" position, I had the settings for the rhythm / verse parts of the tune. The "Down" position was for the solo lines, and also to fade in extended echos at the ends of certain phrases.

WIth being able to assign multiple parameters to any given controller, there are a lot of things you can do. Also you can have different parameters going in different directions to do fades and blends between different effects.

I'd like to map enough parameters (comp, drive, amp ect) to go clean to scream and all points in between with just a sweep of the pedal, without a volume change. I may have to spend some time experimenting. If I can get that to work then add some efx to the stew.

I'd like to map enough parameters (comp, drive, amp ect) to go clean to scream and all points in between with just a sweep of the pedal, without a volume change. I may have to spend some time experimenting. If I can get that to work then add some efx to the stew.
Do a forum search for "morphing"... Exactly what you are talking about.

The feedback preset is so cool in the video...I loaded it into my AX8 and the octave goes lower instead of higher, so it sounds like I am blending in a low pitch. Thoughts?

If you look, I think you'll find an old post I made in which I banged out ten creative expression pedal ideas off the top of my head.

Back
Top Bottom