Creative Layouts?

curious

Experienced
Please share any creative Layout ideas you come up with. I just got my FC12 yesterday but so far I am thinking of tweaking the default Perform 1 layout so the Tuner is a tap and the tap tempo is a hold. I also would like to replace two of the scene buttons with a Boost (GEQ tap and Filter hold) and one for Delay since I use those a lot and want them handy at all times. Love to hear everyone's ideas. Add pics and diagrams if that helps.

Not sure that'll work. Holding it down doesn't put it into some tap-specific mode when you release.
Thanks for the saving me the trouble of trying and then scratching my skull trying to figure out why it didn't work. Since I don't use tap tempo too much, I guess I will just replace that FS with the tuner since I use that every few songs.

tap tempo needs a tap functionality.

there of course could be some "neat" things that people could share. but honestly, it really depends on what exactly you need and what your presets have.

I won’t claim it’s terribly creative, but for my scenes layout I kept the middle front 4 switches as scenes 1-4, but made the middle back 4 switches, respectively, toggle 5/6, toggle 7/8, looper play, and looper record.

I have the reverse of OP for TT & tuner. Tap is TT, hold is tuner. Mostly using a mixture of scenes, channels, and fx bypass

I have an FC-6. I often only need to worry about 4 or 5 songs per set- most of my playing out is at church- so I have set up Layout 1 with the presets for the five songs that we'll play as hold functions for switches 1 through 5, and the tap functions as scenes for all six switches. The sixth switch hold I use for an ambient and swell preset. I use Yek's MLM trick for access to the tap tempo (which is nice to have, but the tempos are always programmed into the presets) and tuner, and access to all the other layouts. The other layouts are used for specific categories of effects- Layout 2 I have dedicated to drives (several drives with several channels each- I use Channel Select Smart Bypass for these), Layout 3 for delays, Layout 4 for modulation, etc, so that I can experiment or make changes as I want. It's not super creative, but it really works well for me.

Last edited:
My favourite "creative" thing to do is give the foot switches custom, often rude, names.
Heh. I do this too. I got some laughs once when a speaker at our church saw "Blessed Ass" on my pedalboard cause we were playing Blessed Assurance. They were pretty laid back about it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom