Creating my first preset

JaredG24

I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice or maybe guide me in a general direction. Ive recently purchased the Axe Fx II XL+, but haven't had as much time as I would like to learn everything just yet. Huge family, a lot of work, all while trying to maintain my true passion - music. In other words, i'm still a major newbie and learns bits and pieces at a time until I can finally sit down with it. My church booked me to play Feb 2 and we are doing a song called "Glorious Day" by Passion. Link at the bottom. It definitely has a lot of delay going on and it reminds me of the ambient delay sound that edge made so famous. I'm trying to build the perfect template so I can have all the drives, hook tones, and a scene for volume swells as well. There's a ton of effects on the Axe Fx I'm not even aware yet. Any help building this preset would be so greatly appreciated and I hope one day I can pay it forward myself to new comers. I've already received so much help from a current member and was hoping I could expand on meeting new guitarist and tone enthusiast alike. Also, this will be my first experience using the Axe Fx live - any recommendations from experience using these live would also help me. The setup we currently have at the church is a direct box that resides on stage that runs under the seats to the PA at the back. Should I bypass the direct box? Use the 1/4th mono out on the Axe into the direct? Or should i plug the xlr from the direct box? So many options that I haven't been able to test myself yet, so i'm relying on the expertise from the engineering minds like myself to guide me in a general direction. Hope to hear from you guys, and I might add that this is such a wonderful community to be apart of, thank you guys.

Here's the Link

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom