Creating backing tracks in Protools 8 – click track bleed

Spartacus

Inspired
Hi all,

Let me start by saying that I’m new to Protools and other DAWs and only really have had experience with my old Roland VS2480 and analog desks. I’ve recently joined a band who play live to a click track. The drummer follows the click and they have some extra keyboard parts that are send to the main mix. They have been using a Mac / Mbox / Protools 8 setup using separate out but we are now moving away from that to an SD play, left out is click and right out tracks to make things simple.

The problem is this, when we bounced down to MP3 in Protools we get a slight bleeding of the click (left) onto the right side – but only when there is not audio on the right side. When the keyboard parts kick in the bleed disappears.

It sounds like the same issue that this user on the Avid Forum is having: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=289763

Just to make clear, the panning is hard left/right 100 so not a user error I reckon!

I’m thinking that the easiest solution would be to use an audio wave editor to insert silence where necessary, but I’ve tried the free ones like Audacity don’t seem to allow me to edit the left and right track independently!! I seem to recall using Wavelad 3 or 4 about ten years ago and it had this feature.
Any help or input would be great?

Thanks,
Darren

Attachments

• BT_exmaple.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom