creating a patch method

hello guys

need some help about perceived volume level between clean amps and distorted amps ?
the distorted amps seems to be quieter than the cleans so I usually go to the level in the amp block and increase it , is it a good practice ? I usually check the out level and just try to do not go red in out level , is this a good method ?
some of the distorted amps are really quite though , I mean when just chosing a new amp block( i always reset the amp block before making adjustments so to be sure to start from scratch) .
can you please share your workflow to solve this volume issue?

Generally, yes, just turn the Level up in the Amp block without going into the reds and you are good to go. Not all of the amps are perfectly consistent in output.

thanks , for example the soldano , slo lead is very loud , others are not , I wonder if it's been based on the real amp behaviour ---any other idea on the perfect workflow? and how to approach this "issue"

I don't see the "issue," some amps are louder than others, just like in real life due to their circuitry. Adjust the level to taste, and you're good. Your ears are all you need here.

What did was
hello guys

need some help about perceived volume level between clean amps and distorted amps ?
the distorted amps seems to be quieter than the cleans so I usually go to the level in the amp block and increase it , is it a good practice ? I usually check the out level and just try to do not go red in out level , is this a good method ?
some of the distorted amps are really quite though , I mean when just chosing a new amp block( i always reset the amp block before making adjustments so to be sure to start from scratch) .
can you please share your workflow to solve this volume issue?
What I did was create a set of master presets for the diff amps I use that are leveled properly.
Then I saved them to last preset slots. I can then just save them to a new location to create a new preset.
Alternatively you could just export them in Axe Edit and import them as needed.

You nailed it when you said "perceived volume". Using the meters will get you close, using your ears gets you the rest of the way to balancing tones.

As far as approach, when creating presets for a gig, I try to use the same amp. If that's not possible, I look for a single IR / IR blend that works with all of the amps used. Using different IRs for different amps can very easily make one amp cut through the mix better than the other.

No need to overthink this one. If it's too quiet, turn it up. It it's too loud, turn it down. The Level knob covers a wide range of gain and you can get it right with the Level knob unless something else is very wrong with your preset.

Back
Top Bottom