Creating a Komet Silver Cloud in the Axe-Fx 3?

@Perdikament

I would love to see a SS of your settings, I am guessing you mean grid bias is set to 1.0, what does adding in the cathode follower mean?

lowering the input trim and switching to KT88's gets me in the ballpark where I have a clean yet dirty sound that has a nice high end thing going on

thanks for all the input!!

I didnt care for all the tones in the clip. But then again, I had a bad first impression of the Constellation, and it turned out to be a favorite. But some of the highs sounded strident in that clip

hi @blaggers
no science there :)
it was unintentional. I always set the level with the amp block!
thanks
pauly

Nice patch - why do you set the patch level with your reverb block? I thought everyone sets it in the amp block, is there any benefit to setting it in the reverb block?

My Silver Cloud arrived Friday, still in the honeymoon period but this is by far the best amp I’ve played through. Like all Komets you can go from clean to dirty by adjusting the volume of your guitar. It’s different than the K60, cleaner, higher headroom and more of a vintage tone. I’ve never played through KT88s but I like them. Huge bottom end in this amp and loud. Once I’ve had some time with the amp, I’ll tackle doing a preset in the III.

Attachments

• 0A82D5BA-62CF-473E-A892-26B345690F45.jpeg
    0A82D5BA-62CF-473E-A892-26B345690F45.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom