crazy problem. help?

kevrock

Experienced
so this morning I was playing and ax8 freaked out and just got really loud and sounded like everything got bypassed. scared me to death lol. power cycled it and it was fine for awhile then bam it did it again its like the entire thing bypasses and gets really loud. any ideas I got the newest firmware and I haven't changed anything for a while.

so this morning I was playing and ax8 freaked out and just got really loud and sounded like everything got bypassed. scared me to death lol. power cycled it and it was fine for awhile then bam it did it again its like the entire thing bypasses and gets really loud. any ideas I got the newest firmware and I haven't changed anything for a while.
Contact Fractal Support. There are cable connections inside the AX8 and there have been reports of funky things happening if they come loose.

Don't think this is a support case. Which firmware are you on ? We had quite a number of quirks with Q10.
Most all of the reported "quirks" are fixed by restarting the AX8 which was tried without success. Only one instance mentioned loud volume but that was directly after turning on the unit, not after a period of time, which again was fixed by restarting. Fractal support is there for a reason. Although a lot of answers can be found here, this forum is not a substitute for support nor is it required to ask here before contacting them. Not once have I felt or heard that Fractal support was upset or bothered by any issue presented to them.

When it comes to issues where there is the potential for damage to other gear due to sudden increased volume, contacting support would seem to be prudent. We are not, nor should we be, privy to every issue that's reported to Fractal support. The thought is they may have encountered at least one other instance of this and can offer an immediate solution rather than discuss things and hope it all works out before any damage is done.

So I’m gonna try a different preset in the morning I had to leave after the 2nd event. Also it did lock up all the buttons. I couldn’t change presets after it happened.

This has happened to me on several occassions lately. I’ll hit a footswitch to change an effect on/on and all of a sudden it’s just a dry signal and everything bypassed with all the buttons locked. This has happened easily half a dozen times in the past month or two. The only fix being to turn the power off and then back on. I JUST upgraded to the newest FW this week, so we’ll see if that fixes it. I think I will contact FAS support as well...

I used a different preset this morning no issues. But still alittle concerned on what’s causing it.

Back
Top Bottom