Craziest/most elaborate use of a III you've seen?

deathbyguitar

Power User
So I'm getting an Axe-FX III in the mail tomorrow and my needs are extremely meager. I mostly use one preset and amp model 90 percent of the time. But that got me thinking...

What's the craziest/coolest/most elaborate/ridiculous use of a III you've seen? I think I read somewhere that Plini's band runs 2 guitars and bass through one unit which I think is really cool. Simeon Harris's presets are sure to be up there in terms of craziness. I just wanna see how far I can push this thing if I decide to experiment more.

Violins, Sitars, Bagpipes....... cruise the Axe Exchange for some crazy presets.

Most of all have fun!

Violin runs just under 90% cpu. But do you mean resource intense, tonally intense or both?

I have a preset that I use with the band for Sirius/Eye in the Sky by Alan Parsons that uses two synth blocks, a Volume block with LFO, the sequencer, the Enhancer, the Looper, two Amp blocks, two Delay blocks, the Plex Delay, and three different guitar presets. At one point in the song I'm playing synth, rhythm guitar, and multiple layers of lead guitar. It uses just under 62% CPU.

Violin runs just under 90% cpu. But do you mean resource intense, tonally intense or both?

I mean in terms of "how is this even possible" kind of stuff. I have some vague ideas to run my whole band through the 3. Guitar, Bass, Electronic drums via Superior Drummer and a midi drum pad, maybe even a second guitar. I'm always wondering about things like that.

I program Dweezil Zappa's guitar rigs for his tours. His setups have always been very elaborate to recreate all those Zappa tones. This includes piezo pickups, electric, assortments of effects and multiple outputs that go beyond stereo.

As for Plini, I did see him open up for Periphery recently and yes, everyone is running through one AxeFX III sounded incredible at the Wiltern here in LA

I mean in terms of "how is this even possible" kind of stuff. I have some vague ideas to run my whole band through the 3. Guitar, Bass, Electronic drums via Superior Drummer and a midi drum pad, maybe even a second guitar. I'm always wondering about things like that.

Gotcha. Ken Andrews of Failure springs to mind.

I have a preset that I use with the band for Sirius/Eye in the Sky by Alan Parsons that uses two synth blocks, a Volume block with LFO, the sequencer, the Enhancer, the Looper, two Amp blocks, two Delay blocks, the Plex Delay, and three different guitar presets. At one point in the song I'm playing synth, rhythm guitar, and multiple layers of lead guitar. It uses just under 62% CPU.
Man, I'd really like to hear that preset! I was just listening to those songs earlier today. Love Alan Parson's stuff.

Back
Top Bottom