Crackling noise possible source

is9582

Power User
I've posted in a couple of other threads (started by others) that I occasionally hear what sounds like crackling coming out of the powered speakers I have connected to my AxeFXIII, while a preset was active, with or without me playing my guitar. This evening I wanted to see if I could really track down the source of the noise, after I heard it while playing around with the recent preset that @Mark Day was kind enough to post for us all to try (MARK DAY Main). I heard the noise when I was on Scene 7, which is titled CLEAN 2.

I had my @MorningstarFX MC6 MKII attached via Midi (both in and out propagated) as well as my MacBook Pro via USB to control the AxeFX with Axe-Edit. I have a piece of wood spanning across my speakers, and the AxeFX is between the speakers, and an inch or two below the wood. My MacBook Pro sits on the wood and a portion of it is directly above the AxeFX.

Ok, after I heard the "crackling" in Scene 7, I disconnected the USB cable from my MacBook Pro, and re-booted the AxeFX (just to rule out any leftover pieces). Crackling was still present. Next I pulled the power from my MC6 MKII, and again re-booted the AxeFX. Crackling still there. So then I removed the power from my MacBook Pro and moved it across the room. I re-booted the AxeFX again even though I figured if this was the source, I wouldn't really need to do so. The crackling was gone! I powered down the AxeFX and re-powered the MC6 MKII, and brought the AxeFX back up again. Still no crackling with the MC6 MKII functioning.

I wanted to post this with very specific details, and with a freely available preset (Thanks again Mark) just in case anyone else that is hearing similar noises could repeat my process. I know there are still many variables, but still hopes this might help some others.

Cheers,

Lee

Back
Top Bottom