Not a Bug crackling audio (not guitar signal) and bit reduction/distortion of USB audio

Synchronicity

Inspired
Hi there

I've got an issue that seems to have manifested itself in the last few months, whereby using my Axe Fx II as a soundcard/audio device for my computer via USB often results in a continuous degradation of the audio signal played through it, whether that be from a DAW, Windows Media Player audio/video, or web browser/Youtube etc... This does not affect the actual guitar sound/monitoring, only the computer USB audio.

It starts with occasional crackling, which then increases in severity into a bit reduction effect, until all audio becomes distorted garbled computer sounds, as if the audio was now say 1-4 bits (as a guess/example). This takes about 20-30 minutes from the onset of noticeable symptoms to pure garbledness.

Turning off my computer and the Axe Fx II and restarting everything often solves this.

I have tried performing a factory reset, but found that it had caused all my patches to be much noisier and sensitive to RFI/EMI so I reloaded my global settings which I had saved, which immediately cured that interference noise problem.

Just wondering if there are known solutions to this as it can make things pretty frustrating.

Many thanks!

p.s I am plugged directly into the PC via USB 2.0, on Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64 bit, audio settings set to 48khz 24bit (was on 16bit originally but changed to 24 bit with no change).

Tried adjusting the USB buffer settings in I/O?

I have tried performing a factory reset, but found that it had caused all my patches to be much noisier and sensitive to RFI/EMI so I reloaded my global settings which I had saved, which immediately cured that interference noise problem.

Reset the factory settings and work from there. The reset itself does not introduce noise. It does reset the global noise gate offset.

Back
Top Bottom