CPU Usage Too Low?

GM Arts

Fractal Fanatic
Not something any sane person would normally complain about ;) but it seems since v7.15, my CPU meter is hovering in the low 70's instead of the high 80s. Maybe I'm mistaken, so just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same?

I didn't jot down any of my patches' cpu load before and after... I did notice (from memory) a 3-5% drop in cpu usage, but nothing as drastic as >10% like you mention...

Anyone else?

I think the release notes made mention of better optimized algorithms somewhere along the way. That would 'splain it. I haven't paid attention to mine, so I can't pile on, but...

I noticed my main distortion patch went from about 64% down to about 59%... Welcome change that it went down... Because when I first started I was at 49% (firmware 5.xx), which is really not that bad considering everything sounds a billion times better!!!! :D

Thanks for the replies, all.

Looks like there's a small decrease which is terrific, but obviously not as much as I thought. I remember thinking I was cutting it fine with 2 mono hi-res cabs and I changed some patches to a stereo single cab block instead, so that's probably where the difference is.

all good :D

Back
Top Bottom