> Move a block one slot to the right

> Preset Initialize

> CPU@81%

> Move same block one slot to the left

> Preset Initialize

> CPU@71%

> Save preset, leave preset, return to preset, CPU usage @71%

Behavior is somewhat sporadic, repeatability ca. 3 tries 1 fault

Tried several stock- and own presets, results pretty much the same, depending on initial CPU usage, some more some less..

Surprised no one has chimed in on this.

The question raised is:

Can CPU usage be reduced by simply moving a block back and forth on the grid in Axe Edit, succeeded by a “Preset -> Initialize Preset”? The Axe says yes! After a reboot, the CPU usage remains 10% less?

The only difference between this..

and this is, the compressor block was moved to the right (swaped position with the wah) do a “Preset -> Initialize Preset”, the compressor moved back to its original position, again “Preset -> Initialize Preset”, CPU usage value dropped from 82% to 69%. After a save it stays that way..
WTF...nice way too free up some CPU usage!
This worked with all the presets I tried including stocks like this one...

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-24_19-10-20.jpeg
    upload_2016-3-24_19-10-20.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 7
  • upload_2016-3-24_19-10-54.jpeg
    upload_2016-3-24_19-10-54.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
What does the hardware say? Axe-Edit's CPU usage is an approximation based on blocks and settings IIRC. What matters is what the hardware says.

What does the hardware say? Axe-Edit's CPU usage is an approximation based on blocks and settings IIRC. What matters is what the hardware says.
+1 - For real time accuracy - view CPU usage from front panel utility menu.

The hardware shows the same.

It’s really strange, I’ve experimented on a dozen occasions now and can’t find anything systematic about this behavior and it’s very random.
This morning I could continuously reproduce this effect with about 8/10 of the presets I tried stock and own; now it’s around 1/10. In one session nothing happened at all, closed AxeEdit, rebooted the Axe and again the effect was reproducible.

The presets I test saved after the CPU usage reduction work fine and don’t show any anomalies.

Back
Top Bottom