CPU saving tricks?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Yes I am well versed in the Leon Todd videos and they are always stellar. Wondering on here....post your favorite CPU saving tricks.

1. If you're not using a lot of gain/don't mind the noise - turn off the gate in all input blocks
2. Use channels and not blocks where possible (so one delay block, switch channels etc)
3. External reverb pedal
4. Avoid shunts, unless you really, really can't
5. Use the boost in the amp block, not a clean boost from a block
6. Be realistic in your patches, do you really need all that?

Last edited:
Turn off the Global EQs if you don’t need them.

Spring reverb.

Mono cab (muting an IR in the Cab block will free up a bit), Standard Res instead of UltraRes.

Disable the Cab block preamp.

Use only as many grid slots as your preset needs, you don’t need a row full of shunts (each shunt takes a small percent of CPU).

Multiple presets. I sometimes have one- or two-off effects that I don't need around all the time. Putting them in a separate preset helps save CPU in the "main" preset.

Here is about all I can fit in my patch. Seems like I can run anywhere from 76 to 82 and seems stable. Please mess with and see what you can do to reduce further. Now some of the cabs are 3rd party and will not be present. Believe I use 1st Cab and Last Cab out of the 4 selectable.

Patch Scenes:
1. Grit - Just a smidge gainey.
2. Main EVH100 souped up rig. High Gain.
3. Lead that is same as #3 but has mid frequencies boosted for popping out in mix.
4. Supro with a drive pedal. Upper Mid Gain.
5. Pristine 80's clean with no Cab.
6. CA3+ Clean with tons of Wash Echo and rich Reverb. Great with Volume pedal swells!

Using FC6 with this in a revised OMG9 layout.(I have attached this too).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 5.30.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 5.30.26 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
  • MAIN_20210426_051833.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
  • LAYOUTS = Tremonti.fclayout
    84.6 KB · Views: 1
That's unfortunate, I thought I read that shunts are treated like nothing and there was no computation going on. I always leave some in front of the amp and after cab/before reverb just for quick additions of effects while I'm screwing around. Not that my patches are hitting any cpu limits. I like having dual hi res IRs more than I like any cpu-intensive effects.

Back
Top Bottom