CPU overload with 86% usage

There isn't a specific number of effects used, its random. one speaker, one amp, 2 effects and yip a cpu over load at around 90% and yet on another patch / preset, there are 6 effects and an amp and 2 speakers and im only on 70% CPU. go figure.

Not all the Blocks consumes the same amount of CPU, man... Just check by yourself, make a patch full of shunts and put a filter block and check the CPU.
Swap that filter block and put a reverb block and check again. Even the same block (Reverb for example) consumes different amount of CPU depending the type you choose (Spring, Studio, etc..)

...but with that attitude looks like you don't really want to be helped.

EDIT: Oh, and if you want an accurate representation of the CPU load in a patch check it from the front panel. Axe edit is not 100% accurate.

Last edited:
Yea I'm getting this problem too, my presets are around 84-86% full and when I move a block one shunt to the right it gives me that message, looks like I'll have to plan my rig layout more meticulously.

I never , ever have this issue but it would seem like there is "more going on than just fx and modifiers gobbling cpu ". I mean if moving a block over one to the right cause this also, now that's weird. Assuming lak89 means the same block\fx.

Wish I could help but I am a simple old R&R guy, never heavy into FX. Delay, reverb and a wah once in a while. I love hearing my SC Strats and HB Tele.

I hope it gets sorted out for you guys..........Sooner than later.............

Yea I'm getting this problem too, my presets are around 84-86% full and when I move a block one shunt to the right it gives me that message, looks like I'll have to plan my rig layout more meticulously.

this has happened to me for a long time now, i don't think it's a recent issue. but only in axe-edit.

if i use the front panel to move things around, it's completely fine. perhaps it's the way edit works - it probably copies a duplicate instance first, then deletes the old one, thus running out of CPU. whereas the front panel is "physically" moving the block, no duplication needed.

so the issue of getting the CPU message when moving blocks is not new or due to latest firmware, i'd say.

Back
Top Bottom