CPU limit: Floyd rig

The Whale

Inspired
hey gang... can you help me eek out enough CPU space to add a drive pedal. This is a preset for a Floyd cover band. Chain is: Studio Comp, Vibe, Mono Delay, Amp (Bandmaster), rotary, Multidelay (plex shift or quad tape), plate verb (economy setting), stereo lo res cab. I’ve got a sunface on the floor as well, and added an analog drive pedal, but only for CPU space. Thoughts?

Just add another preset, perhaps with rotary only, and not the vibe, as your unlikely to use vibe and rotary together. The AX8 just can't really mange those "kitchen sink" presets like the II (and now III) can, but just put what you need for each song into a preset and switch presets for different songs, or different era of songs etc. You could set up a patch with settings for the earlier stuff, stuff for the Animals/Wall era etc

Vibe = tremolo? With the quad tape instead of plex and the drive pedal, your chain uses 79% of my CPU. Do you mess with the comp settings of the bandmaster? Would explain you lack CPU. Or maybe, too many modifiers in your patch cause your CPU% to jump, and there might be a way to simplify those.

Last edited:
Maybe ditch the comp and adjust amp settings? I used to use a comp, but I've been running my amps with the saturation switch up (ideal). I've got the amps set to breakup but they clean up nicely when I roll the volume back, but still maintain most of their volume, much like a comp.

I play worship stuff, here's what I'm running: a Wah (for a tone cut with envelope controller) -> drive (Shimmer/BB pre) -> amp (4 types) -> stereo cab (hi res...again 4 types with a very slight delay on one side) -> DMM or 2290 delay (x/y)-> multidelay (my "short" reverb...I think Plex with diffusion @ 100%) with a parallel chain that splits after the cab...vol block (for turning off input to my "pad" chain) -> fx block (Gamechanger Plus sustain pedal) -> rotary -> reverb (space with density set @4). This chain is mixed in after my multidelay and is controlled via expression pedal on reverb block input. After all that I have a looper block in last place. Probably running @ 86-87% on the CPU.

Maybe you could ditch the rotary or vibe too? You could add some nice modulation on the delays...like use a square/trap wave @ 25%.

I feel like you should be able to squeeze one on there...

Back
Top Bottom