I just got an expression pedal and I've been playing with different applications. Tried attaching it to the Gain controller on the Drive block (using the Klone) so I could play with different gain settings and it makes this weird high-pitched computer sound and locks up so I need to restart it.

I know this happens when I surpass 85% CPU, but my CPU reading on this was like 69%.

All I had active was In>Drive>Amp>Cap>Reverb>Out, with Reverb set to Economy Quality. I also have Compressor, Wah, Chorus, Rotary and Delay blocks in the preset, but all of them are off on this scene.

Any ideas what the problem might be? It's pretty cool being able to shift from breakup to snarl for the 3-5 seconds I'm able to use it before crashing.

What firmware version are you on?

One of the fixes on the latest firmware update is this:
  • Fixed corrupt audio as a result of attaching a modifier to a Drive block parameter when the type is Klone Chiron.

Ha! That is surprisingly specific. I haven't updated to the latest because I'm on a work laptop and haven't been authorized to update to the latest OSX. But I'm hoping that'll happen any day.

In the meantime, I'll just try a different flavor of drive. Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom