CPU % at overload

I get the "overload" warning at 91% . I was thinking that seemed a bit low. Any idea why I'm hitting the limit early?

It depends on a variety of factors. The CPU simply monitors the time between frame interrupts and if it predicts it doesn't have enough cycles left to process the next effect in the grid it aborts and flashes a warning.

I first noticed it with a virtual rig I was building. At the center of the rig is two amps and one hi-res mono cab. From there your typical pedal board spanning from a comp to a looper and reverb at the end. I basically added/removed effects until I had the CPU load down to 87'sh %. Hitting 91% resulted in overload.

I also noticed some of the user presets such as Yek's or Siemon's would overload which I thought was strange. I can't remember the specifics but will look into it tonight and post the particulars.

I also noticed some of the user presets such as Yek's or Siemon's would overload which I thought was strange. I can't remember the specifics but will look into it tonight and post the particulars.

The Violin/Ensemble preset from Siemon would result in overload when the USB was active (in 6.x and 7.0) - FWIW. That patch (and the release of 7.0) is what "forced" me to stop procrastinating and learn to deep-tweak from the Axe itself rather than Axe Edit. :)

I'm glad I looked into this. It seems that since v7, I can now run it up to 96'sh. In the last v6.X it was easily overloading at 91%. I just checked Siemon's Violin Ensemble(#3) preset that Zen mentioned and it's right on the verge of overloading at about 97/98.

I get to add another piece of the kitchen sink to my v-rig now. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom