COVID. Thought for sure that I was in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disclaimer: Not asking for actual medical advice here, I've already consulted with my doctor.

Started feeling randomly ill on Tuesday, woke up Wednesday feeling as if I got hit by a bus.

Dug up an at home test that was given to me some time ago, proceeded to poke my brain with the swab, and the damn thing comes out positive.

Went to a local medical facility to confirm and indeed, I'm positive for COVID.

I'm in my 30's, vaxxed, and in pretty good shape compared to most. This my first randevu with this virus.

I generally try not to take conventional medicines but it's honestly the only thing that's been subsiding my symptoms.

Is there anything non-conventional, vitamins, teas, etc. that's worked for any of you?

Likewise, any tips (aside from the conventional) for getting over this quick?

I lived on those zinc lozenges during Covid. They definitely made me feel better. Other than Maxalt for the Covid migraine a couple of days, I didn’t need anything beyond the zinc. Oh, and I took some vitamin D, but I don’t think that was needed.

Hopefully your case is relatively mild!

Yeah, get yourself checked out if symptoms don't improve. Sometimes the omicron strain is more virulent but with decreased symptoms, other times if your immune system is off or you have pre-existing conditions, you can experience greater symptoms.

That being said, "scanning a document from your printer" isn't going to help you solve your problem. ;)

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Fingers crossed, haven't had it yet, but after the second dose of the vaccine, I woke up around 2:00 a.m. with chills and it felt like I was hit by a truck. My entire body ached for the whole day. The only thing that helped me get through the day was Ibuprofen. After the booster shot, I had similar symptoms, but not nearly as bad.

I only mentioned it because the vaccines can trigger a response similar to the virus and Ibuprofen really helped a lot. You can safely take Tylenol and Ibuprofen, so taking both is another option. I find Ibuprofen always helps with the aches, chills, etc. and Tylenol helps with headaches...at least in my case.

Yeah, get yourself checked out if symptoms don't improve. Sometimes the omicron strain is more virulent but with decreased symptoms, other times if your immune system is off or you have pre-existing conditions, you can experience greater symptoms.

That being said, "scanning a document from your printer" isn't going to help you solve your problem. ;)
We just lost a friend who was fully vaccinated and boosted, wore his mask religiously, was very healthy, but somehow he got it, was admitted to the hospital, they had to induce a coma, and he never recovered. His big sister says he had no pre-existing conditions, at least none that were known.

That really brought it home to us and we miss him. So, don't mess around with this stuff, our bodies aren't always as robust as we want to think they are and those viruses are f*cking insideous.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Fingers crossed, haven't had it yet, but after the second dose of the vaccine, I woke up around 2:00 a.m. with chills and it felt like I was hit by a truck. My entire body ached for the whole day. The only thing that helped me get through the day was Ibuprofen. After the booster shot, I had similar symptoms, but not nearly as bad.

I only mentioned it because the vaccines can trigger a response similar to the virus and Ibuprofen really helped a lot. You can safely take Tylenol and Ibuprofen, so taking both is another option. I find Ibuprofen always helps with the aches, chills, etc. and Tylenol helps with headaches...at least in my case.
Yeah, I had the same sort of reactions and went the Tylenol and Ibuprofen route too. That and hot lemonade with whiskey or tequila. :)

Zinc, vitamin D, Vitamin C and Quercetin not to mention Ivermectin. I can't tell you how many times I have been exposed. Got it at a gig Oct 31st 2020. OG Covid. Keeping hydrated is vital.

The only thing you can do, if it's not a severe case is to just let it run it's course. Drink some teas, painkillers etc if needed.

Zinc can help as many pointed out, however Vit D is a bit of a weird case. Generally it's an absolute killer against any infection, however popping a pill a day once you are ill is WAY too late. Vit D can take weeks or months to properly work depending on the severity of the infection.

I would keep my hands of any meds that claim to help other than the stuff that's been around for ages, such as Ivermectin.

There are things that make it hard for the virus to replicate.
Ivermectin - interferes with the virus's ability to replicate itself accurately, studies are reasonably encouraging as a group.
This was discovered as a secondary effect in Ivermectin after it was in use.
Molnupiravir - same principle, different chemical method -- it was designed to do this
Zinc - slows viral replication - especially in the throat - try to keep it out of the lungs

And there are things that strengthen the body to fight the damage the virus causes..
Vitamin D will help protect your capillaries and body. But, you really need to have been taking it already.
Eat well, take vitamins, drink lots of water, get rest, avoid sugar -- this simply helps your body to be a little stronger.
-- Don't skip these things -- especially when you feel bad -- I did. That was a mistake.

Subjectively, for me only, and still a guess, Astragalus helped.
Immune boosters like echinacea and Airborne may have triggered an excessive cytokine response.
Effervescent Airborne also has a lot of salt, avoid extra salt.
This last paragraph is all a guess. It is just how it felt to me.
And, a lot of my guesses and feelings are less objective than I would like.

John Campbell (youtube) does a good job of explicating relevant studies and important information. And, he doesn't rely on fear-mongering, conspiracy theories, scapegoating, logical fallacies or debate tricks. I have been reading COVID studies since January 2020. But, biology is not my strength. He does a much better job at bringing out the relevant points than I did for myself. He always has clear references and links to the actual study.

I use a lot of supplements. I am also vaccinated and boosted. I also got it early. I dealt with long COVID. I didn't realize it. I thought I was just aging (67.) After my first vaccination a lot of my inflamation, lethargy and depression lifted (but not all.) Apparently I was in the 20-30% of LC sufferers who were helped by the vaccination. It isn't known why that is, exactly.

It can have long lasting effects. Even when you feel sick -- eat, take vitamins, drink water, get rest, avoid sugar, etc. Every little bit helps.

Get an OX meter. Keep tabs on your oxygen level. Most of the people who went to the ER with COVID already had extremely low O2 levels that they were unaware of, because they weren't experiencing a lot of coughing or mucous yet. That may be different with Omicron. But, be safe, track your O2 levels.

Most of what I learned for myself from studies was done in more detail by John Campbell. And, I almost never, suggest youtube speakers. The medium just lends itself to propaganda and hard to check references, if there are any at all.

The history of science is littered with false hypotheses. And, that is when people are being smart and careful. It is good to remember that no matter how good a hypothesis sounds -- and that is their job -- to sound reasonable -- most of them will be false.

Check out John Campbell's Channel -- search it for the questions you have -- I would defer to his explanations and understanding.

Most importantly, I hope you get through this quickly and relatively easily.
Blessings

Last edited:
Get better soon. I’m sorry to everyone who’s been hit by this son of a bitch. My wife and I were hit by the most brutal I-can’t-move flu in December of 2019, and we’ve often wondered if it was Covid, if it was circulating in Denver earlier than anyone knew. We love visiting Asian grocery stores, so I felt like someone returning or visiting from China may easily have brought it over that early. At that time we just took my favorite immune supplement, Source Naturals Wellness Formula, which in general helps me to recover from any kind of run of the mill cold. It includes every immune booster I would have wanted to take separately. But for anyone who knows or suspects they have Covid, I would go to a doctor, and wear an N95 while heavily shredding virus.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom