AFIII NE Iowa COVID Jam Band #3 - Boston - Foreplay/Longtime

rushfan

Power User
Another new internet COVID Jam! I hope you like it!

Our drummer is getting better at creating videos! He also had me make some Fractal Audio "space" sounds for the beginning- you'll notice that I used the "Intersteller" preset for the Shepard's tone at the beginning. https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=5722

Using my AXE III, @Moke's Foreplay/Longtime preset for the electric guitar parts, Digitech Freqout, and my EVH Wolfgang Standard. My Taylor T5 for acoustic parts using the stock acoustic preset.

Friends/musicians recording/filming parts and sending them to the drummer to mix and make a video!

Well, I help with the audio mixing - he emails an MP3, and I go through and listen on several playback devices and text him my leveling notes, since he only has headphones to mix with. This only took 8 times, but I don't always catch everything the first time through (or the 7th time through!) I mastered the final mix WAV file with Isotope's Ozone Advanced 9 - I just did an EQ match to the original song, and the mastering set to default = I really didn't do that much - I probably spent 10-15 minutes on it - it works pretty well!

Another new internet COVID Jam! I hope you like it!

Our drummer is getting better at creating videos! He also had me make some Fractal Audio "space" sounds for the beginning- you'll notice that I used the "Intersteller" preset for the Shepard's tone at the beginning. https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=5722

Using my AXE III, @Moke's Foreplay/Longtime preset for the electric guitar parts, Digitech Freqout, and my EVH Wolfgang Standard. My Taylor T5 for acoustic parts using the stock acoustic preset.

Friends/musicians recording/filming parts and sending them to the drummer to mix and make a video!

Well, I help with the audio mixing - he emails an MP3, and I go through and listen on several playback devices and text him my leveling notes, since he only has headphones to mix with. This only took 8 times, but I don't always catch everything the first time through (or the 7th time through!) I mastered the final mix WAV file with Isotope's Ozone Advanced 9 - I just did an EQ match to the original song, and the mastering set to default = I really didn't do that much - I probably spent 10-15 minutes on it - it works pretty well!

Man that sounded great you guys nailed it :D

I was on a flight back to school one year and I was listening to Boston on my Sony Walkman...on a chromium tape of course. We were just on final approach into Toronto, coming down through some really thick clouds during Foreplay with that ominous keyboard sound playing. Then, as if it was planned, right when the song broke into Long Time...I mean, to the second, we broke through the clouds and the entire city came into full view. It was so cool!

I love Boston and love this cover. Bonus points for dog content!

I know, right?! LOL!

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words - it was a fun song to learn and play. There haven't been places to play since the shutdown, so it's fun getting together with old and new friends to make these!

Back
Top Bottom