COVID-19 - How Do You Plan To Pass Time During Isolation?

Still working - we're actually quite busy. not sure how long that will last though...
Although I have the ability to work from home anytime, I never really have because my office is only 10-15 min away.
And I like to keep my happy place separate from my work place.
Now that I have been WFH for the past week, It kind of nice - since my wife has her work setup in our office, I have mine in the music room.
So I'll work a bit, pull a guitar off the wall and run through some exercises for a few min, go back to work, repeat. I find that I'm already getting better at things I have been putting on the back burner because of learning songs.
Once all this finally blows over - maybe I will wfh for a few days a week !

I only work a couple days a week and we're already homebodies, so not much has changed. A normal day involves practice and study, although spending the additional mental energy for planning on conserving resources and money has put a damper on things. I am more inclined towards passive activities like reading, video games, and television. Oh, and cooking a bunch of high carb/high-fat dishes that I have no hopes of burning off.

That’s quite a list! I think everyone should have a spotless and organized house after this is all over with. LOL.
Yeah, I just decided to get shit done that I never seem to get to. Spend at least an hour or so a day on each item on the list.

It keeps me away from the TV and the all-covid-all-the-time coverage. I think watching too much of this coverage will mind f*** you. It creates anxiety and people generally don’t cope with anxiety well. Be informed, but making news coverage the only stimulus/input a person gets is not a good thing.

I'm supposed to work from home, scanning stuff, but the weather has been just too good this week. For the first time in months on end it was dry, not freezing my fingers off and sunny. So I used it to work on my guitar builds.

IMG-20200317-WA0004.jpeg
This one is going to be a Roland G-707 clone, although probably without the synth stuff.

IMG_20200319_122721.jpg
Guitar necks. Don't like building them, but it looks like I'm getting a lot of them done now. Amazing what you can do if you can work on them for days on end.

BTW, there are massive discounts on some appliances until the end of march, at least where I am. So we replaced our old dishwasher - arriving in 2 weeks. 35% off. Take advantage, and support the economy, keep folks employed. If you're worried about the virus, just let the box sit for a day or two. I'm waiting for computer parts discounts to kick in. I'm gonna make it rain.

I'll complete updating my presets to 12.05 or above, and then will finish new packs I started long ago.

Watch a lot of tv series

Will tie up a few midge emergers... and catch a few trout on the fly... and fish in a spring creek for wild browns.. on these things... which do the trick
20200321_174225.jpg

These are the actual midge emergers I'm attempting recreate... taken from the stomach of a trout.... in a safe way... which was safely returned... and from the same creek
Screenshot_20200321-175005_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Will tie up a few midge emergers... and catch a few trout on the fly... and fish in a spring creek for wild browns.. on these things... which do the trick
View attachment 65279

These are the actual midge emergers I'm attempting recreate... taken from the stomach of a trout.... in a safe way... which was safely returned... and from the same creek
View attachment 65280

I’ve had my trout stamp for weeks now, and the DNR has been stocking regularly, but I can’t get a break from the rain. The lakes and creeks here are so muddy that you can’t even get a bite. Hopefully it’ll clear up this week. 👍🏻

I'm in a club and have access to a private spring creek... wild trout and is not stocked. It has a very small watershed and it never blows out. It never freezes. Half the club are bird watchers and photographers in to waterfowl. 20200328_160226.jpg

Often like now, I'm the only one here.. the fish are so difficult to carch.. crystal clear water
20200328_161202.jpg
they just landed.. and haven't noticed me. I have to wear drab camouflage.. to fish this place

So, New York is 6.11% of U.S. population, but has 33% of the COVID-19 cases. Could it be that someone is not counting correctly, when all other 50 states don't even come close? Could there be a reason they would overstate the numbers?

California, w/a population of 39.5 million is larger than the state of New York w/a population of 19.4 million, yet California only has 3,777 reported cases and New York has 38,977 reported cases...Also, California has several large, densely populated cities.

Population alone does not explain this!

Remember these are reported cases. Who's reporting them and do they have other motives. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out and how much corruption, if any has been involved!

BTW, did anybody that took Statistics in college remember, "How to lie w/statistics"?

My sinuses are killing me...I have a bad case of spring allergies (like I usually have).

To all, Stay well and stay strong!

Back
Top Bottom