COVID-19 - How Do You Plan To Pass Time During Isolation?

Of course, play guitar and, put my high-school physics to use to build a home gym. Tired of doing push-ups and chair dips, so I rigged a pulley system. One more pulley anchored to the bottom of the steel post and I’ll be able to do all kinds of exercises. Still waiting for my bench and rack to be delivered. 😀. It’s been over two weeks since I’ve been to the gym. 😟

D648265C-012D-4DDA-AEDB-9DB681C49E4A.jpeg

823D4559-1594-42B2-AA3A-3B80CED54F65.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm going to play my guitar when I can to help pass the time. :)
I'm also going to try to do some work on my turbo Suzuki Bandit motorbike project.
As a bit of a hobby, I occasionally paint motorbikes (if I like the owner and the project). I can usually turn out some pretty nice shiny paintwork but my bikes always look a bit unfinished, so it's time over the next few weeks to get my spray guns out and paint my own bike(s).
With the UK being in lockdown I have this paint job(video link) sitting finished now waiting for its owner to come and collect it. The only problem is he's in Scotland and I'm in England. Lockdown here states that you should only travel for very limited reasons. Collecting motorbike parts is not on the list. lol
So the next few weeks will be guitar, my spray guns and then my spanners to get this year's project bike built!

Nice photo a Zebra Midge riding on the surface.
Screenshot_20200405-113920_Gallery.jpg
More importantly than the midge itself, is its silhouette on the water below. Its body is not a perfect cone. You cant see the antenna on the midge, but its visible in the reflection.

I am lucky to still able to work and have an income.

On my downtime, I've been working hard on learning guitar theory and improving as a guitarist. I also try to spend as much time as possible with the wife.

I'm fortunate to have a nice garage gym. Trying to stay in shape and being healthy.

My birthday was yesterday. Covid-19 has put a lot of things in perspective. I'm thankful that all my loved ones are still around.

Stay safe out there my friends

IMG_20200416_134807.jpg

Making good progress here on my new builds. I always thought that fretting was the biggest bitch to do when making a guitar. But getting the epoxy to harden right on those inlays. Or even finding the right epoxy. I had to start again and scrape it out twice on the left neck and once on the other two.

Getting into the ax8 more...learning more Geoff Whitehorn numbers... learning more on the video/recording side...upgrading my old OLP MM1 and servicing all the other guitars.

This was different... my old toaster. Always loved the "ping" and the effort it saved me by lowering then lifting the contents out :grimacing:

A 4 slice Kitchenaid 5KMT 4205 BMS with a broken temp lever and one side not heating.....

Out with the multimeter .. complete strip down.(amazing design)

Ended up plastic welding the lever and fixing the element with stainless steel lock wire...

all surfaces inside and outside cleaned and chrome metal polished. looks like new....
PhotoChooser-4fc1f3fb-14b5-4663-850f-37d167334cb4.jpgPhotoChooser-c8f71f28-aac9-4e30-9140-0a79341bf2f7.jpgPhotoChooser-ae7321b6-3b1d-4ebf-abf3-842d70708ddb.jpg

Been working remotely but at the same time creating new axe fx patches since my office setup is where all of my gear is located. Tends to be quite distracting. It's a love/hate situation in a good way.

Back
Top Bottom