Covert Fractal Evangelism

Thats pretty slick! Do you actually gig with it or is a practice rig?
Both..............

The drawer at the bottom has an audio interface for our backing tracks, a box with a circuit that I put together that converts 4 channels of audio click tracks into 12 volt DC pulses to drive a couple of sets of 4 LED lights for a visual click track for our live shows.

And a small mixer to route the 'Axe-Fx', Backing Tracks, and the 'TC Helicon' to the on board D5's used mostly at home for practicing and building/tweaking tones, backing tracks, and vocal harmonies.

It's very purpose-built, exactly for my needs and heavy. But super convenient!........At Home, plug it into the wall, turn it on and play. Plug in a USB cord from the jack panel to the computer and tweak away, or play the computer audio through the Axe-Fx and practice, jam or learn tunes.

Both..............

The drawer at the bottom has an audio interface for our backing tracks, a box with a circuit that I put together that converts 4 channels of audio click tracks into 12 volt DC pulses to drive a couple of sets of 4 LED lights for a visual click track for our live shows.

And a small mixer to route the 'Axe-Fx', Backing Tracks, and the 'TC Helicon' to the on board D5's used mostly at home for practicing and building/tweaking tones, backing tracks, and vocal harmonies.

It's very purpose-built, exactly for my needs and heavy. But super convenient!........At Home, plug it into the wall, turn it on and play. Plug in a USB cord from the jack panel to the computer and tweak away, or play the computer audio through the Axe-Fx and practice, jam or learn tunes.

That's very cool! Hit with a PM if you have any local gigs, I'd love to come check you guys out!

That's very cool! Hit with a PM if you have any local gigs, I'd love to come check you guys out!
Will do............ Would be great to have some local Axe-Fx, AX8, or FX8 owners (or future owners that want to hear one live) from the forum come out to see some of our shows and get our 'Fractal' geek on...o_O

Got a show at the (Disney) 'House of Blues' on Saturday, March 26th......Opening for our good friends and killer tribute to the Doors, 'Wild Child'. Anyone interested PM me to meet up for discounted tickets. Saves you almost $10 in fees per ticket and gets us credit for head-counting purposes.

And even a Carnival Cruise in September!
Other than that we have regular gigs in Corona and Placentia Ca. Anyone interested PM me for dates.

Last edited:
That's one of the many reasons that I built this thing.....:cool:
It even has a pair of Equator D5 monitors rubber mounted behind the grill..;)
Someone usually asks "what 2x12 combo is that?".......lol
That is badass. I want one!!

No problem I have no props for defending him, the poppy stuff gets on my nerves as well. I could say a lot about it but it doesn't matter. To each his own. Just pointing out that he uses the POD on his CDs and achieves very good results. He used the Axe FX Ultra on one CD and achieved better results of course but my point was you can achieve great tone direct without all the pedals and tube amps in a church setting. I've played in a church for 23 years and it's always been a fight to keep stage volume at a whisper, completely different from bar and club gigs. The Modelers have help me achieve that very fix without compromising good tone. I'm super happy with my Axe FX.
Mutt Lange uses a rockman!

No problem I have no props for defending him, the poppy stuff gets on my nerves as well. I could say a lot about it but it doesn't matter. To each his own. Just pointing out that he uses the POD on his CDs and achieves very good results. He used the Axe FX Ultra on one CD and achieved better results of course but my point was you can achieve great tone direct without all the pedals and tube amps in a church setting. I've played in a church for 23 years and it's always been a fight to keep stage volume at a whisper, completely different from bar and club gigs. The Modelers have help me achieve that very fix without compromising good tone. I'm super happy with my Axe FX.
I blessed to play in a sanctuary large enough to have my K10 s on stage. I could not ever get the in ears to sound right.

He is a good guitar player tone is good If he used a Fractal Product his tone would be Better! just sayin

I agree on the Lincoln Brewster tone. The song 'Reaching for you' has an amazing crunch rock tone that I cannot replicate with my Marshall or with my Fractal close but far away if ya know what I mean? If any of you think you have a pre set close to his please share!

Back
Top Bottom