CoverPot for Axe-Fx 3 and FM3

Yeah this. It's not dark in my basement "studio", but not airport/operating room bright, and the black buttons on black faceplate esthetic makes them hard to see in my real world.

I don't imagine there's any actual solution, and I'll be fine, but if there is some approach that makes sense, I might well check it out.
Glow in the dark vinyl maybe? Just cut the pieces to size.

I have a limited number of CoverPots made with fossil amber that I can sell you for $8,500 each piece

You will be impresses right from the first moment of listening. Dynamics are better and overall naturalness is improved. The notes focus and clarity are both excellent and the soundstage is expansive. It round and flesh out the treble range. From the hefty, well-defined low-end into the clear mids and the soft-edged, non-abrasive highs, frequency response and tone are beautifully rendered with nebulous warmth, yet also greater focus and pace.

These CoverPots do not add over-exposure, just guileless revelation from bottom to top. The comparatively darker shading is nonetheless entirely natural in character, refusing to draw unwanted attention to the upper registers, instead allowing more relaxed attention equitably throughout the musical spectrum. The point here is the micro vibrations created by the pots and knobs find their way into the delicate signal path and cause degradation (Bad vibrations equal bad sound).

A final word must go to bass replay, as this fossil amber CoverPots truly opens this area up being variously lean and fast, but rich and thunderous when demanded. Low-octave content comes across as staggeringly honest, whether delivering tuneful bass figures from an accomplished player, or the incidental effects of distant train and road traffic rumble, inadvertently captured at the edge of perception.
This is a brilliant distillation of the best of modern audio-gear hype. It demonstrates a brutally honest interpretation of the roaring fundamentals of B.S. while still representing nebulous verbal transients in a bold and dynamic fashion. Let’s face it — this is not only iconic, it’s legendary.

This is a brilliant distillation of the best of modern audio-gear hype. It demonstrates a brutally honest interpretation of the roaring fundamentals of B.S. while still representing nebulous verbal transients in a bold and dynamic fashion. Let’s face it — this is not only iconic, it’s legendary.

Oh! I am so glad to find another soul that appreciates the sublime nuances of audiophilia! :cool:

ps: that was a copy/paste of two reviews: a $485 wood volume knob (Silver Rock) and a $20,000 cable (Nordost) 🤪

Last edited:
Oh! I am so glad to find another soul that appreciates the sublime nuances of audiophilia! :cool:

ps: that was a copy/paste of two reviews: a $485 wood volume knob (Silver Rock) and a $20,000 cable (Nordost) 🤪
I just had a look at the Nordost website. Holy feck! The don't even try to disguise the bullshit.

Last edited:
The first in the left

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210302-183522_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210302-183522_Gallery.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 34
  • 20201114_122655.jpg
    20201114_122655.jpg
    725.3 KB · Views: 34
A DIY question: can I leave a set of colored coverpots near some uranium or enriched plutonium to get them to glow in the dark?

I have a limited number of CoverPots made with fossil amber that I can sell you for $8,500 each piece

You will be impresses right from the first moment of listening. Dynamics are better and overall naturalness is improved. The notes focus and clarity are both excellent and the soundstage is expansive. It round and flesh out the treble range. From the hefty, well-defined low-end into the clear mids and the soft-edged, non-abrasive highs, frequency response and tone are beautifully rendered with nebulous warmth, yet also greater focus and pace.

These CoverPots do not add over-exposure, just guileless revelation from bottom to top. The comparatively darker shading is nonetheless entirely natural in character, refusing to draw unwanted attention to the upper registers, instead allowing more relaxed attention equitably throughout the musical spectrum. The point here is the micro vibrations created by the pots and knobs find their way into the delicate signal path and cause degradation (Bad vibrations equal bad sound).

A final word must go to bass replay, as this fossil amber CoverPots truly opens this area up being variously lean and fast, but rich and thunderous when demanded. Low-octave content comes across as staggeringly honest, whether delivering tuneful bass figures from an accomplished player, or the incidental effects of distant train and road traffic rumble, inadvertently captured at the edge of perception.
Awesome
I'll take them. Do you accept paypal?

@Ismaele Would you be able to create something like the Loknob for the FM3 output volume controls?

https://www.daddario.com/products/accessories/loknob/
http://loknob.com/

View attachment 79741
my covers are made of flexible material (like smartphone covers) ..they would never be so lucid
anyway yes, if you want to be able to make them even if personally I find them rather ugly (the Navs are in continuous rotation, what do you need a hand to mark the position?)

@Ismaele said:
for a better result I recommend a particle accelerator

the guys from CERN can do just that 😎

Good point! (Tho not able to be done at home on a table top ;))

I actually did research at Fermilab proton-antiproton collider as a grad student and postdoc in the 90s and gave a talk at CERN. I think the best and most relaxed talk in my life.

I've been to CH off and on later in life (for work unrelated to physics) and did a couple skydives near Interlaken (my avatar pic). Amazing mountain scapes and pastoral scenery.

Back
Top Bottom