CoverPot for Axe-Fx 3 and FM3

Fractal Audio sells (or used to sell) replacement parts (including knobs) for the Axe-Fx II, so I suspect the knobs on the Axe-Fx III can be replaced, as well.

I don't do this for work, I do them for myself, for friends and someone who cares about having them

however, I don't really like invasive changes
in this way you can change your look and get more visible knobs .. without worrying about damaging and having to order spare parts

I don't do this for work, I do them for myself, for friends and someone who cares about having them

in this way you can change your look and get more visible knobs .. without worrying about damaging and having to order spare parts

There are people who've replaced knobs on their II without damaging the encoder. If they weren't removable, why would the company sell them separately? Different unit, but people have swapped out the knobs on their Kemper for a different look:

KPA Knobs.jpg

Last edited:
I can respect what the creator was trying to do, but I'm not drawn to the colors, and the outside texture sort of reminds me of fish skin.

Not that I planned on getting a set of them (I just don't have the tactile issue with the original knobs others have apparently), but now I 100% assume they smell like fish. :neutral::laughing:

Thanks.

The knob caps on most knobs and encoders on nearly every piece of equipment are designed to be taken on and off, they're usually just friction fit on a D-shaped shaft (Caveat: I haven't actually checked this on my III, but I took apart a friend's FX8 to fix it).

For me this is great since I hate the fact that my fingers may leave oils and dirt in the knobs, and I can't just take them out to clean them. I can just put these over the knobs, take them out and wash them once in a while.

Hey, if they’re not for you, they’re not for you … but I think it’s an interesting idea, and I could go for a glow-in-the-dark set … keep us informed!

(But please provide a link for those of us sworn off Facebook.)

thanks for your interest 😊
unfortunately I don't have a web page, it's not my job
you can write me in pvt here on the forum
or to my email ismaeleguitar@gmail.com

soon I will publish the photos of the luminescent covers

Interesting idea! I like the grips!

Now, will these still work with one of the protective covers that go over the display and knobs? Will they stick out too far then?

Cool, but not sure what problem they solve . . .
Visibility, for one.
If you're using the system live without a laptop or FracPad, I suppose it's a huge help. Especially for those of us with old eyes.

That's why I got the Furman PL-Plus DMC to sit over the AFIII. it has the lights to illuminate the front of the unit.
The front panel is impossible to see in the dark. I hope, when it debuts, the AFIV has illuminated buttons and knobs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom